Quick texas speed tune question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick texas speed tune question

Ok, so i did my mail order tune awhile ago. when i got it back I put it back in the car and started it. The SES light was finally off, but then it came back on a couple days later.

my question is, was i suppose to keep both battery terminals disconnected so the computer could relearn itself? Because I believe I just threw her back in and started it up. My gear corrector works, and for some reason my cruise control doesnt work anymore but other than that I cant really tell what the tune did positively to the car....I wonder why the SES came back on too
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Re: Quick texas speed tune question

Can we all assume U contacted the company who did this "mail order tune" and they had no idea how to help their customer....you?
    If thats the case, then its a lesson learned for all of us at your expense.
    Don't let someone out of town mess with your car if they won't be
    there when things go wrong.
    Phil

Comment

what code is it throwing? it could be something wrong with your car, and not the tuneing. I dont think it has anything to do with you connecting your battery.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Naw I wasnt jipped or anything, they told me on the phone that they deleted all the bs codes for egr and crap like that i remeber them saying they changed the fuel a little up top and something with the spark, they set me up for my 4.10s.

But if they deleted all the crap codes then why would my SES go back on?

The codes its throwing are i believe its an 02 code and some other bs, ill check tomorrow and post back
        SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

it could very well be another code that is being tripped. If they disabled the codes you requested those wouldn't be coming back. Get it scanned
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i would say more than likely its a P1336.. even if its not you should get it checked and get a case learn done.... here is the info i posted in a couple other threads (info obtained from GM)

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=64641

The crankshaft position system variation values are stored in the PCM non-volatile memory after a learn procedure has been performed. DTC P1336 set indicates that the crankshaft position system variation values have not been stored in the PCM and the crankshaft position system variation learn procedure must be performed. The learn procedure is required after the following service procedures have been performed, regardless of whether or not DTC P1336 is set:
            - PCM replacement.
            - Engine replacement.
            - Crankshaft replacement.
            - Crankshaft balancer replacement.
            - Crankshaft position sensor replacement.
            - Any engine repairs which disturbs crankshaft/harmonic balancer to crankshaft position sensor relationship.

If its the same physical PCM in your car that was flashed, if its the first time and it is a COMPLETE flash... do the case relearn. If its a partial write, there is no need to do it.

If its a new PCM... do it once, the first time only. A COMPLETE flash under these cases is mandatory anyways, as will be the case relearn right afterwards.

If you have 2 PCMs (stock and a test or play PCM), you can switch back and forth as long as you follow the guidelines above WITHOUT having the need to do another case relearn procedure more than once per PCM. That means if you did not want to touch your original PCM (and it has the proper info in the memory already) and you have a new PCM, the new PCM is case learned once, and you can swap PCMs ad nauseum without ever having the need to do another one again... unless one of the above stated conditions changes.

Just because it didnt set off the SES light doesnt mean everything is ok.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in your case obviously the light is on and even if it isnt on because of this you should still do the CASE learn anyways...
            Last edited by lvemy3100; 06-20-2006, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Ive.....I dont think my pcm was a complete rewrite. At least from what they told me, maybe it was. In any case, do u think I need a case learn? Would that even do anything after Ive had this "tuned" pcm in my car for almost a year?

Ill post back tomorrow with the scan results, thanx for ur help

Comment

Originally posted by lvemy3100
                i would say more than likely its a P1336.. even if its not you should get it checked and get a case learn done.... here is the info i posted in a couple other threads (info obtained from GM)

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=64641

The crankshaft position system variation values are stored in the PCM non-volatile memory after a learn procedure has been performed. DTC P1336 set indicates that the crankshaft position system variation values have not been stored in the PCM and the crankshaft position system variation learn procedure must be performed. The learn procedure is required after the following service procedures have been performed, regardless of whether or not DTC P1336 is set:
                - PCM replacement.
                - Engine replacement.
                - Crankshaft replacement.
                - Crankshaft balancer replacement.
                - Crankshaft position sensor replacement.
                - Any engine repairs which disturbs crankshaft/harmonic balancer to crankshaft position sensor relationship.

If its the same physical PCM in your car that was flashed, if its the first time and it is a COMPLETE flash... do the case relearn. If its a partial write, there is no need to do it.

If its a new PCM... do it once, the first time only. A COMPLETE flash under these cases is mandatory anyways, as will be the case relearn right afterwards.

If you have 2 PCMs (stock and a test or play PCM), you can switch back and forth as long as you follow the guidelines above WITHOUT having the need to do another case relearn procedure more than once per PCM. That means if you did not want to touch your original PCM (and it has the proper info in the memory already) and you have a new PCM, the new PCM is case learned once, and you can swap PCMs ad nauseum without ever having the need to do another one again... unless one of the above stated conditions changes.

Just because it didnt set off the SES light doesnt mean everything is ok.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in your case obviously the light is on and even if it isnt on because of this you should still do the CASE learn anyways...
                ....the answer is YES you do have to do this it unless you know someone who can do it for you it is gonna probably cost you 50-75 dollars at the dealer or at a shop that uses high end snap-on computer diagnostic tools
                Last edited by lvemy3100; 06-21-2006, 09:12 AM.

Comment

So all i do is take it the dealer, tell them i want a case relearn and then my tune that happened a YEAR ago will be effective? So my tune hasnt really been a tune at all ur telling me?

Comment

Originally posted by FuryCharger
                    So all i do is take it the dealer, tell them i want a case relearn and then my tune that happened a YEAR ago will be effective? So my tune hasnt really been a tune at all ur telling me?
                    No... i cant say one way or the other if you have a tune that is between you and pcmforless... I am just saying that there is no way for the pcm to be "in sync" with the engine if it doesnt have the case learn info for YOUR car specifically... there is no generic caselearn data that can be loaded to the pcm and the only way to get it in the PCM is with the case learn.

when you do take it to the dealer they may even look at you weird when you ask for it to be done. try to talk to a tech instead of the counterman and you may even be able to get it done for free... whatever you do make sure that you do NOT allow them to reflash your pcm thus negating your pcmforless tune.. you only want to get the case learn done

Comment

I just want to make a clearification. I sent in my existing PCM to texas speed for a mail order tune and received back my original PCM not pcmforless. are we still looking at the same situation?

Comment

Originally posted by FuryCharger
                        I just want to make a clearification. I sent in my existing PCM to texas speed for a mail order tune and received back my original PCM not pcmforless. are we still looking at the same situation?

well if they did a FULL write to the pcm then yes... if they only did a partial then the info should still be in there and you should be good to go... I cannot say what they did because i am not them..

did you get the car scanned?
                        if so... what did the code come up as?

BTW-autozone does scanning for free

Comment

Ok so I got it scaned yesterday and it turns out to be the p1441 which is some emissions crap, so I think the p0300 is out of the question. I sopke with texas speed and they said i shouldnt need a relearn but that they will clear any codes for me if i send it back to them

Comment

autozone can clear the codes for you and if they say they cant slip the guy witht the scanner 5-10 bucks and you should be good to go

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X