pcm for less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcm for less

i have a 96 camaro and i want to put a tune on it....and i have been reading about the 97 pcm swap. first of all the thread i found when i searched it said that it was no problem to get the pcm and swap it in but that i would then have to take it to a dealership and have them do something to it (i forget what it was but it started with a c...and "had to be done" whenever you swapped a pcm for another one)

but basicially i was just wondering who had done this....how hard it was to do....and if you were happy with the performance gains that the tune got you

i have an slp cai, msd coils, pacsetter headers, and a borla 3" catback....what kind of gains should i expect with this - the car is an a4 btw (hp and 1/4 time drops)....or should i wait b/c i have been considering getting gears

thanks guys

- trey
    96 polo green RS w/ some extra stuff<br /><br />15.4 @ 89

Re: pcm for less

its called a CASE learn and...

here's the thread you were probably thinking about
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...383#post564383

but....

97 pcm's have a removable module that transfers from pcm to pcm so there is no need to do this

BTW- i would wait till you do the gears so they can set it up in the pcm

Comment

Re: pcm for less

thanks man

now....anyone wanna take a stab at what kind of gains i could expect?

and also...if i got the tune before the gears....could i get them to reflash the pcm for the gears at a lesser price?
      Last edited by 96_rs; 06-12-2006, 10:01 PM.
      96 polo green RS w/ some extra stuff<br /><br />15.4 @ 89

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X