small issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small issue

Hey guys I was wondering about a issue I am having with my car. My car sputters like the it loses power from the batter, sometimes oil pressure and at night the lights go dim and then starts right back up. Know if I am running really rich would this cause the issue...I check the plugs of course and wires and everything looks fine for now but I really havent reiceved a great tune.....I know I need to finish tuning my car but time and money are always there in my way but let me know what you guys think. Thanks..........
    2002 Firbird, <br />STS GT35mm-61 Turbo, HP Tuners, 3.73,UMI LCAS,UMI Panbar<br />Nitto NT555R P245/50R16 96v, NGK spark plugs t55, transgo shift kit, Jet servo

Re: small issue

mine was doing that and it was my alternator going out

Comment

alternator and battery check out fine
      2002 Firbird, <br />STS GT35mm-61 Turbo, HP Tuners, 3.73,UMI LCAS,UMI Panbar<br />Nitto NT555R P245/50R16 96v, NGK spark plugs t55, transgo shift kit, Jet servo

Comment

If you know the alt is fine, which was my first guess, the lights dimming only sometimes sounds like it's possibly a bad ground. Check all those connections. Is the issue worse under heavy load as in WOT?

Comment

nope goes away under WOT well there just not that bad....I took some fuel out of it I know its running alot of better... I think I need to get my new headers on and finish the tune and it may go away

Comment

Could be the voltage regulator. Is our voltage regulated in the computer?

Comment

The alternator in my '99 has an internal voltage regulator.
              Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X