hp tuners how much hp do you gain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hp tuners how much hp do you gain?

Hey guys I have a 1997 Camaro Rs 3.8L With the FFF turbo charger kit, it has full exhaust... how much horsepower should I gain off hptuners??? is it really worth it? im looking to buy it second hand because its cheaper so if anyone knows of anyone that is selling one for the 1997 let me know
    Thanks
    Dan
    daniel_bergnach@hotmail.com

Re: hp tuners how much hp do you gain?

its kinda hard to find someone that is willing to sell theirs
    i dont know how much you'd gain from good tuning( i could take a good guess)
    i would think that the more you turn the boost up the more you'd gain from tuning?
    HpT brand new is gonna cost $659 plus you'd need to get a wideband ($70)
    and maybe a gauge if you wanted, you dont really need the gauge.
    Last edited by slow6; 04-29-2006, 03:50 PM.
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

new isn't 659 unless you get the deluxe version. The basic is like $499.

How much horesepower you gain depends on on much boost you are putting out and how good of a tune you get.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok well how do you get the good tune? dont you do it yourself???? anyways let me know thanks for the input and sure give me a ruff estimate .. im running 7psi right now my car made 350rwhp without tuning or anything so what do you think? Thanks man
        Dan

Comment

Ten Million Horsepower :naughty: honestly it all depends on the person behind the laptop to make the power...To anyone that would consider the base model thats doing the tuning themself I would strongly recommend against it & upgrade to the pro in every case as it will make tuning so much easier in the long run, few, very few people buy the unit to make 3 runs on a dyno with it & sell it...its a long term purchase for most and paying the extra $150 for the best isnt alot of money when the parts on your car might've already added up to $5k. A drop in the bucket to keep your car in one piece.
          00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
            new isn't 659 unless you get the deluxe version. The basic is like $499.
            Foff67 says it best:

Originally posted by foff667
            Ten Million Horsepower :naughty: honestly it all depends on the person behind the laptop to make the power...To anyone that would consider the base model thats doing the tuning themself I would strongly recommend against it & upgrade to the pro in every case as it will make tuning so much easier in the long run, few, very few people buy the unit to make 3 runs on a dyno with it & sell it...its a long term purchase for most and paying the extra $150 for the best isnt alot of money when the parts on your car might've already added up to $5k. A drop in the bucket to keep your car in one piece.
            thanks f0ff67
            the basic version is actually $509 (for shipping)
            Its kind of not worth it to pay $509 just to edit torque management and small stuff like that....
            Might as well pay the extra $150 and get a good AFR!
            then you can safely tune your timing

I'll take a guess that tuning would give you like 20rwhp - 30 rwhp for a good tune on a v6. Of course if you had major mods, you will benefit more from tuning.
            Is this a good guess f0ff67?
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i found 5 MPH and .7 seconds from a base mail in tune compaired to my tuning at the track

i went from 87MPH traps in the 1/8 mile to 92 MPH traps

yeasterday i did more tuning and found 2 MPH more for 94 mPH traps :omg:
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                I'll take a guess that tuning would give you like 20rwhp - 30 rwhp for a good tune on a v6. Is this a good guess f0ff67?
                It all depends on the car/truck that your tuning...theres always going to be drivability to be gained...some cars will gain hp with tuning some wont really depends on the car, how much timing it will take without KR & with good fueling. Some cars react better then others.
                00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X