Removal of Gauge fuses.. Cut governor in 95 3.4? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removal of Gauge fuses.. Cut governor in 95 3.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of Gauge fuses.. Cut governor in 95 3.4?

Well just found out that the speed sensor is also powered by the gauges fuse on the 3.4 95 camaro.. If I pull the fuse I am left with oil pressure and gas.
    Personally I don't need much else. I can't seem to find anything for certain that will take out the governor in this car, some people are saying different things will do it but kills your cruise control and kills your spedometer and stuff and still spend $100.

So what do you guys think would happen if I put in a new speedometer, with a new speed sensor and don't run it through the main computer. And a vacume opperated Tact, and a real volt meter, not this little pile of crap thats not worth a damn or defined enough for me anyways.

Just wondering if anyone has tried that, or knows if the car is goverend by the speed sensor?
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

why do you want to go top speed anyways? its no good, bad for an old car
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Lol, what old car are you talking about? I do alot of runs that are 150 - up to 1000 miles. I like freeway running, if I wanted a drag car, I would build one, and a V6 it would have not. I don't plan on running it wide open all the time, but getting dusted by a civic cause it tops at 120 just isn't cool.... The other night I ate a Tiburon for lunch, hit my governor and he slowly crept up and soon past. This car should do 130-135 and god damnit let it do it... I also plan on a complete rebuild of the motor and yes I mean the crank too. My plans are to build this car, keep it light, and make it quick, not the fastest drag car, not the fastest street car, but all around quick, fun, and wild. Its going to end up a present for my soon to be 21yr old little brother.

I have a '97 SS waiting for me to sit along side a Bmw M3. I got to race those one of these days..

Comment

off topic

an SS is nothning for an M3 i've raced a couple of SS's and z28s in M3's and 5's and other BMWs since I work for a BMW dealer
        Ben<br /><br />1995 White/Black 3.4L<br />As far away from stock as possible<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=288292\" target=\"_blank\">My Site!!!</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.redlinevsix.com\" target=\"_blank\">RedLineV6</a><br />Rebuild and 3.4 T70 Turbo is complete<br />Details to come....

Comment

Yes, this I actually know, I have driven a few M3's and a few M5's. I have to say I love the loose feeling and wildness of the SS, but I think with a little work the M3 will eat the **** out of it. I know its safer in a crash thats for sure. But I also plan on putting a Pro Charger super in the SS, I want to get at least 700 to the rear wheels, which wont be too hard at all obviously.

The M will stay pretty much factory except a intake, ignition system, computer reprogram, and exhaust system.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X