Choosing a WB sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a WB sensor

ok, hunting for a Wide Band Gauge/02 sensor.
    I have decided against a hand held unit as 'tuning on the fly' would be very dificult to see a hand held read out while driving. DOH!
    I am pretty sure I want an actual 'mounted gauge.'

Have started looking and prices have come down in the past year. Thanks for the heads up on that Viper.

After about 2hours of surfing I have come across this unit. It is leading the pack, so to speak, thus far.

It retails at Summit for about 100 bucks more than the price quoted from the company below and I am pretty sure they are the same gauge/kit. It comes with the Gauge, bosch sensor and harnes.

If I understand things correctly... It is an actual gauge for real time WB read out as well as having the ability to connect to the HPTuners Enhanced I/O cable for simultaneous logging in HPtuners.

The price for this unit/kit complete with gauge seems quite affordable at $275.

??????????????????????

Here is the lit on it:

AEM’s Wideband UEGO Controller is also available in a gauge that includes a single-channel analog output with a Bosch O2 sensor in one unit!

AEM’s Gauge-Type Wideband UEGO Controller features an LED readout and sweeping LED “needle” that changes colors as AFR changes from rich to lean. The unit’s 52mm (2-1/16”) gauge housing fits in most gauge pods and can be remotely mounted virtually anywhere. No laptop required for monitoring!

Key Features:

Bosch wideband sensor included, along with mounting bung and wiring harness.

24 Color-coded LED display lights provide immediate reference to engine’s air/fuel ratio (AFR) or Lambda

Integrated three-digit display reveals AFR or Lambda in real time

User-programmable 0-5v analog output included for use with data loggers and ANY engine management system

Ideal AFR monitoring tool for carbureted applications and engine dynamometers

Does not oscillate AFR like narrow band sensors

Serial data stream included for output of AFR (RS 232)

Accurate to 0.1 AFR

Includes black and white face, as well as black and silver bezels, all included with the gauge so you can tailor it to match your interior!

Usually ships in 1-4 days.
    Purchase:
    AEM Wideband Air Fuel Ratio Meter
    $275.00
    01 Firebird A4 3.42
    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
    and other mods
    Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

i got the AEM from Ebay brand new
    i likes it alot
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6:
      i got the AEM from Ebay brand new
      i likes it alot
      Oh yea, I forgot about ebay. even better prices at $244 buy it now.

I guess they are all the same kit. Honestly, I am not this silly (usually) but the price has come down A LOT on these things since I last researched them in depth about a year ago. I just wasn't sure if it was too good to be true...the guage and sensor and analogue outputs for less than 500 bucks.

Time to dig out the 'center A/C vent Gauge mounting guide' I think.

Thanks Slow.
      01 Firebird A4 3.42
      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
      and other mods

Comment

the AEM is the one i have [img]smile.gif[/img] ;)
        with the gauge even thou you cant use the guage to tune, you log with HPT to tune... the gauge is nice for when you don't have the laptop you can simply see the LED go to right(counter clockwise) out of the corner of your eye you know it's going lean, you can glance over at see what it is... you will get use to knowing where the lights are. and if it goes past a point you should let of the gas lol

it work with HP Tuners and works really well

the only one thing i dont like is it only read down to 11:1

how ever its not that big a deal [img]smile.gif[/img]

the LM1 with gauge is 399 i think also

i would like toget the LM1 so if you want mine for ~$200 i'll sell it to you.......

[ February 23, 2006, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: viper04af ]
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

If Grayman doesn't want it I might be interested.
          How old and used is it?
          Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

Originally posted by 2002 v6 camaro uncharged:
            If Grayman doesn't want it I might be interested.
            How old and used is it?
            i have had it about a year.. about 2 month ago i had to put a new sensor in it becuase i found a HUGE pot hole and owned it. (bent badly) so it only has ~1000 miles and 9 track run works perfect. only reason i'm selling is i want the LM1 XD-1 (witch i just ordered about 5 minutes ago)

so it should work fine for many many more miles..

grayman, and 2000 uncharged
            also i looked and seen you can find new one's for 250ish how about 175 shipped?
            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Go ahead uncharged. that looks like a great deal. I need to wait a bit still. I just bought HPtuners and too much on car stuff all together latly. I need to reload the bank account a bit.

I need to buy a laptop still as well. I freaking hate laptops. disposable. always breaking.

I thought the AEM went from 9 to 20. maybe i got confused with a different sensor.
              01 Firebird A4 3.42
              Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
              and other mods

Comment

Sounds good to me. Does it come with everything that the kit on ebay has?
                Also how far away from Merritt Island are you or would you rather use paypal.

[ February 23, 2006, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: 2002 v6 camaro uncharged ]
                Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

Sounds good to me. Does it come with everything that the kit on ebay has?
                  Also how far away from Merritt Island are you or would you rather use paypal.
                  i'm about a 7 hour drive.... lol

paypal is better.

I have everything but the bung (installed in my car, however, i should get one with my new kit i will send it)
                  and i only have one face (white, mine didn't have that option as it was still new and $420 when i got it) and it's the black beziel (see pics on my web site.)
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Is 2-1/16" the standard gauge pod size? I have never bought anything outside of Ebay before so I will have to figure out how to do that

Comment

yea my triple gauge pod is 2-1/16"
                      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Is 2-1/16" the standard gauge pod size? I have never bought anything outside of Ebay before so I will have to figure out how to do that
                        should fit in any 2 1/16 pod.....

they also have 2 5/8 pods but i have never seen one for our cars
                        www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Money sent, Please note that my paypal account was set up at my parents address in Michigan. Since I am only staying in Florida for a few more months I didn't change any of billing adresses.

Comment

Money sent, Please note that my paypal account was set up at my parents address in Michigan. Since I am only staying in Florida for a few more months I didn't change any of billing adresses.
                            got it will ship to addy in your note..

also please note i can't shipp till i get the one i ordered cuase i'll have a hole in my exhuast... lol plus i want to give you the Bung from my new one [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ February 23, 2006, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: viper04af ]
                            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Cool, I have been wanting one this just happened to be great timing thanks alot.

Now I just need to figure out whats wrong with the car or tune it with the wideband in speed density.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X