Just Ordered HPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Ordered HPT

Well, nothing important on this post other than I am excited to have a copy of HPTuners in the mail.

I just got done reading through Vipers guides and I have to say things are starting to click. It was very helpful having those screen shots along with his info and the changes he was making.

One of the first changes for me will be over riding the 'limp mode'. I have gotten that twice in about a year and a half (from spinning tires at about 4+ psi) and that is two times too many.

Then some exhaust related code deleting and some torque management altering.

I don't think I will go very far into the AFR w/o a wideband but I think I can handle some KR adjustments. (maybe see how much timing I can add if any)

Having HPT might just push me over the edge as far as caming this little pewter beast.

I better start looking for a portable computer.

See you all back here when my head starts to hurt.
    01 Firebird A4 3.42
    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
    and other mods
    Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

dude, youre running 4+ psi of boost on a stock tune? ouch
    ya might wanna recalibrate the MAF

email hptuners.com and tell them that you have the p1514 code. they will send you an update/patch for that table.
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Did you get 2.0 or did they release 2.1 yet?
      Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

Originally posted by slow6:

email hptuners.com and tell them that you have the p1514 code. they will send you an update/patch for that table.
        Well, the car is perfect. I never had a single glitch with the powerdyne or any other mods. I wouldn't say tuning is mandatory at 6 psi. I do need the software for other things and I have a collection of gen 4.5 fbodys so I am going for it.

I have read up and Viper has the fix for over riding the modern MAF overload deal that I causes the limp mode. (twice in 18 months is not that big of a deal. some have it far worse.)

Not sure about calibrating maf or why. I sorta came across your threads and uncharged's threads but still not clear what calibrating maf means or how or why or if it requires a wide band. I don't quite know what patch you are talking about at HPT.

If somebody says I will get an additional 30+ horsepower from tuning with a wide band then that is a good reason to get one. If it is just for 3 horse power then i will be fine with the FMU and stock tune and 6 months of my free time remaining my free time rather than logging time.

It is not like I have a turbo or anything that is maxing out the maf or the injectors at this point.

Thanks for the heads up though.
        01 Firebird A4 3.42
        Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
        and other mods

Comment

Originally posted by 2002 v6 camaro uncharged:
          Did you get 2.0 or did they release 2.1 yet?
          I did not even look. I know 2.0 or something is coming out soon but I need the software in order to finish the LS1 car. (cam and stuff)
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods

Comment

Cool,
            Right now my car is crap it is running like crap unless it is speed density mode. I can't figure out what is wrong. Already dumped another $200 dollars into it and that includes the visit to the dealer who couldn't even tell me what is wrong.

Regarding the MAF stuff, if you adjust the airflow table one way or the other (richer - or more lean). Since my idle is so lean with the MAF plugged in I tried adjusting that table to bring my LTFTs down to see how it ran but it didn't work becasue I have a major problem somewhere else.
            Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by slow6:

Well, the car is perfect. I never had a single glitch with the powerdyne or any other mods. I wouldn't say tuning is mandatory at 6 psi. I do need the software for other things and I have a collection of gen 4.5 fbodys so I am going for it.

I have read up and Viper has the fix for over riding the modern MAF overload deal that I causes the limp mode. (twice in 18 months is not that big of a deal. some have it far worse.)

Not sure about calibrating maf or why. I sorta came across your threads and uncharged's threads but still not clear what calibrating maf means or how or why or if it requires a wide band. I don't quite know what patch you are talking about at HPT.

If somebody says I will get an additional 30+ horsepower from tuning with a wide band then that is a good reason to get one. If it is just for 3 horse power then i will be fine with the FMU and stock tune and 6 months of my free time remaining my free time rather than logging time.

It is not like I have a turbo or anything that is maxing out the maf or the injectors at this point.

Thanks for the heads up though.
              </font>[/QUOTE]don't mess with the maf till you have a WBO2

IMO all FI cars should have a WBO2 they can be found for ~200 bucks now.

to be honest i havn't touch my MAF tables.... lol it maxs at 7-8 psi so for me there no point.... i porlby could get some gas milage out of it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

scan you O2's and see where they are make sure they are at least 800mv range when under boost. 900 is better.

if your running rich like 10:1 AFR and you bring it up to 11.5:1 you can net 10-30 RWHP (my car picked up 30 RWHP from 9.5:1 to 11.3-11.5:1)

if you running lean ~12.3 usally make best power BUT its really risky only full time racers run that for a street car anything over 12:1 and you playing pop the piston or gasket IMO.

send me your file i can look it over
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

to be honest i havn't touch my MAF tables.... lol it maxs at 7-8 psi so for me there no point.... i porlby could get some gas milage out of it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

scan you O2's and see where they are make sure they are at least 800mv range when under boost. 900 is better.

if your running rich like 10:1 AFR and you bring it up to 11.5:1 you can net 10-30 RWHP (my car picked up 30 RWHP from 9.5:1 to 11.3-11.5:1)

if you running lean ~12.3 usally make best power BUT its really risky only full time racers run that for a street car anything over 12:1 and you playing pop the piston or gasket IMO.

send me your file i can look it over [/QB][/QUOTE]

Very good info viper. Thanks man.

Hey, not argueing here and trying not to look too green, but you mention AFR of 11.5 as near optimum for performance and daily driving. That is still on the rich side though, right? I mean, factory target is 14.7 (?) to 1 right? the much lower AFR ratio at or near 11/1 is to compensate for forced induction as opposed to NA?
                01 Firebird A4 3.42
                Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                and other mods

Comment

yes, hes talking about FI AFRs, you have to be richer
                  2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

send me your file i can look it over
                    Very good info viper. Thanks man.

Hey, not argueing here and trying not to look too green, but you mention AFR of 11.5 as near optimum for performance and daily driving. That is still on the rich side though, right? I mean, factory target is 14.7 (?) to 1 right? the much lower AFR ratio at or near 11/1 is to compensate for forced induction as opposed to NA? [/QB][/QUOTE]
                    up 11.5-11.8 is a good range for FI. 12:1 and more is "safe" but its risky... if it spikes you will hit 12.5:1 or more and that will pop pistons.

a started out with 10:1 (i put all kinda of fuel to make sure it was safe.) then leaned it out form there. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

You just answered the question I was going to ask. Cool.

Here is that question:
                      Ok, Say I have a wideband and I keep the system at 6psi but I want to tune the AFR. I will have to get rid of the FMU. As soon as the FMU is gone I need to richen up all the AFR tables before I ever drive the car. Then start logging runns and lean it out from there?

Yep, you just answered my question.

another question though... Before I even do any of this as far as removing the FMU I need to know the max output of my stock injectors (22#) at stock fuel pressure...becuase the FMU will be gone and Iwill no longer be relying on mechanicaly altering the fuel pressure in order to increase the injector output.

I guess I need to pour over my notes on injectors becuase Ithink I have come across this data before. (max output of stock injectors... in relation to tuning with software to replace FMU)

I already know that 22# is not enough for 9psi but I want to get 6psi dialed in first. If I can handle that I will be much better set up for tackling 9 psi.

I also don't quite have a stock engine. The rockers may be a little cheesey but they do add some lift to the valves. I guess it could very well prove to be a benifit to horse power to get this rig all dialed in.

I am off to read some stickies on this subject.

Oh, yea... the richer 11's AFR is wetter and hence cooler as well, right? Not quite as 'explosive' nor as hot as higher AFR for NA engine..? This is one of those 'basic' forced induction theory's along with colder spark plugs and what not?
                      01 Firebird A4 3.42
                      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                      and other mods

Comment

You just answered the question I was going to ask. Cool.

Here is that question:
                        Ok, Say I have a wideband and I keep the system at 6psi but I want to tune the AFR. I will have to get rid of the FMU. As soon as the FMU is gone I need to richen up all the AFR tables before I ever drive the car. Then start logging runns and lean it out from there?

Yep, you just answered my question.

another question though... Before I even do any of this as far as removing the FMU I need to know the max output of my stock injectors (22#) at stock fuel pressure...becuase the FMU will be gone and Iwill no longer be relying on mechanicaly altering the fuel pressure in order to increase the injector output.

I guess I need to pour over my notes on injectors becuase Ithink I have come across this data before. (max output of stock injectors... in relation to tuning with software to replace FMU)

I already know that 22# is not enough for 9psi but I want to get 6psi dialed in first. If I can handle that I will be much better set up for tackling 9 psi.

I also don't quite have a stock engine. The rockers may be a little cheesey but they do add some lift to the valves. I guess it could very well prove to be a benifit to horse power to get this rig all dialed in.

I am off to read some stickies on this subject.

Oh, yea... the richer 11's AFR is wetter and hence cooler as well, right? Not quite as 'explosive' nor as hot as higher AFR for NA engine..? This is one of those 'basic' forced induction theory's along with colder spark plugs and what not?
                        like i usally 12.3 makes best power, but if somthing happens 12.5 is the limit i had friend pop a piston on 12.4. what happen the lean mixtuer makes everything really hot and usally cuase's KR in the few revolutions after that, so the piston is aleady week from it getting so hot and boom

i'm not sure if your stock injectors can handle it with out the FMU maybe look for a set a GTP 36# injectors...

i'm betting your stockers are already maxing or very close to it in even if the car was NA.
                        something was just found out about late model they are rated for 19# @43 PSI and 22# @ 50psi of fuel pressure

my fuel PSI goes up to 60 psi at 15 psi of boost. with no fmu.

as far as using fuel to cool, you can to get rid of KR but then your goign to make less power becuase its so rich.... also if the fuel cool the air the heat is then in fuel so your not really getting any where with it lol
                        www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

ugh, not the injectors again.

i know i can mod the fuel rail and get adapters for bosch connectors....just the money and time overall.

sheesh, not trying to be a cry baby, but it just bugs me about the cost and hassle of the injector swap.
                          01 Firebird A4 3.42
                          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                          and other mods

Comment

ugh, not the injectors again.

i know i can mod the fuel rail and get adapters for bosch connectors....just the money and time overall.

sheesh, not trying to be a cry baby, but it just bugs me about the cost and hassle of the injector swap.
                            gotta pay in blood for the motor to make power.... somtimes i come out with out cuts and i poke my finger and give it a drop to be fair !!!!!!!
                            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

All orders placed in february receive VCM Suite 2.1 and our new MPVI USB interface.

All existing serial interface customers will have access to VCM Suite 2.1 software any day now as we are also deploying the software update for existing customers as well.

Thanks!
                              Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X