hypertech sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hypertech sucks

Not because it doesn't work, aparently you can add 30 hp to a V6 which is awesome. But I can't find one for the 3.4 and since the 3.8 is car specific, I'm just wondering if there are any for the 3.4? Help help help.
    V6? check<br />Bigger tires? check<br />Intake? check<br />Exhaust? check<br />Corvette killer? sure why not.

Originally posted by reckless:
    aparently you can add 30 hp to a V6 which is awesome.
    No way.

HPP3 sucks because it's crap that doesn't work.

Moving to Tuning. Try a search there. There's companies that offer tuning for 3.4s.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by reckless:
      Not because it doesn't work, aparently you can add 30 hp to a V6 which is awesome. But I can't find one for the 3.4 and since the 3.8 is car specific, I'm just wondering if there are any for the 3.4? Help help help.
      Dyno chart
      got this off the hypertech site. its more like, on average, 7hp and 12tq.
      -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

That chart shows peak gains of +13rwhp and +19tq with &gt;10 from 3500rpm and up.

There used to be a HPP for the 3.4 but Hypertech stopped making it about 10 years ago. You still find them used for sale occasionally. The HPP does an okay job for a mildly-modded car but it doesn't have as many options as the HPP+ or HPP3.

Your options for the 3.4 are pretty much only the Jet module or a Fastchip basic tune.
        1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X