LTFT tunning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTFT tunning question

Using one of the write up guides for tunning I tried to tune my LTFTs. I did the original 50 mile drive in speed density mode to collect data and then I adjusted my LTFTs.
    After I reloaded the new tune in my car with the adjusted LTFTs the scan showed a huge improvement they went from around 26% to -8%.

Here is where my propblem began.
    When I started to drive everything was looking good until I went over 30% throttle and the car threw the P1514 code and went into limp mode.
    The car has never went into limp mode before running in speed density or using the MAF. If I put my LTFTs back the way they were then it does not go into limp mode any more.

So I looked at my "Calculated Airflow vs RPM vs Time", in my VCM editor under Engine Diagnostic and it shows that after 30% throttle the readings drop to 2.10 from 0 to 6000 RPMs and then slowly climbs back up. So, I tought if I smoothed out this table that I would be fine.
    Well, I interpolated the points and smoothed out the table, loaded it into my computer and the car would not run. It would start for a second then die but as soon as I loaded the old table back in then the car would run. Why is that, am I not allowed to change that table?
    Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Originally posted by 2002 v6 camaro uncharged:
    Using one of the write up guides for tunning I tried to tune my LTFTs. I did the original 50 mile drive in speed density mode to collect data and then I adjusted my LTFTs.
    After I reloaded the new tune in my car with the adjusted LTFTs the scan showed a huge improvement they went from around 26% to -8%.

Here is where my propblem began.
    When I started to drive everything was looking good until I went over 30% throttle and the car threw the P1514 code and went into limp mode.
    The car has never went into limp mode before running in speed density or using the MAF. If I put my LTFTs back the way they were then it does not go into limp mode any more.

So I looked at my "Calculated Airflow vs RPM vs Time", in my VCM editor under Engine Diagnostic and it shows that after 30% throttle the readings drop to 2.10 from 0 to 6000 RPMs and then slowly climbs back up. So, I tought if I smoothed out this table that I would be fine.
    Well, I interpolated the points and smoothed out the table, loaded it into my computer and the car would not run. It would start for a second then die but as soon as I loaded the old table back in then the car would run. Why is that, am I not allowed to change that table?
    email me your .hpt file and i will look at it after work tonight ;)
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Okay I will email when I get home Thanks alot.
      Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

posted on www.hptuners.com/forum/
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

home no file yet :(
          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Sorry, the laptop I use for HP Tuners is really old and I can only use hard disks and no internet access, it won't let me save to cds and the laptop I have at home only has a CD drive. So I brought the hard disk to work and emailed it to you this morning. That file is the one I was using to run speed density.

[ February 02, 2006, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: 2002 v6 camaro uncharged ]

Comment

Sorry, the laptop I use for HP Tuners is really old and I can only use hard disks and no internet access, it won't let me save to cds and the laptop I have at home only has a CD drive. So I brought the hard disk to work and emailed it to you this morning. That file is the one I was using to run speed density.
              yup got will look it over tonight
              www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Cool, thanks alot

Comment

Cool, thanks alot
                  aim me ASAP i seen whats wrong i think

v6turbocamaro is my AIM
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

I got home at 10:30 saw your message but it was taking forever to get AIM. I tried to install it but it was taking forever, I think we have to much crap on our laptop. I let it download for 2 hours and it was only at 50%. Me and my fiancee don't use instant messangers that much, the only one I think we have installed is Yahoo. Maybe I can try tomorrow night I will be home from work at 5:45 pm.

Comment

why not just say whats wrong on here so others can benefit from these problems
                      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Chris from HP tuners said that the my p01514 table has a bug in it and he will put the upgrade on on the web site. Is that what you found or did you find something else wrong as well?

[ February 03, 2006, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: 2002 v6 camaro uncharged ]

Comment

Chris from HP tuners said that the my p01514 table has a bug in it and he will put the upgrade on on the web site. Is that what you found or did you find something else wrong as well?
                          yeah the table looks wierd
                          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X