tranny work / tuning question: UPDATED - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tranny work / tuning question: UPDATED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny work / tuning question: UPDATED

ive had my car tuned by TSP, then dynoed a 182 rwhp. on monday, im getting new clutches, bands, bearings, belts, gaskets, servo, shift kit, cooler.. you name it, for my transmission (A4). its being built up and i plan on getting another TSP tune while im at it (they do free re-tunes)..

question: how important is it that i get another dyno before i send them my PCM? has that much changed AFTER i get the tranny work done that i need another dyno to show TSP everything they need to know? thanks.

[ January 18, 2006, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: dmw319 ]
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Originally posted by dmw319:
    ive had my car tuned by TSP, then dynoed a 182 rwhp. on monday, im getting new clutches, bands, bearings, belts, gaskets, servo, shift kit, cooler.. you name it, for my transmission (A4). its being built up and i plan on getting another TSP tune while im at it (they do free re-tunes)..

question: how important is it that i get another dyno before i send them my PCM? has that much changed AFTER i get the tranny work done that i need another dyno to show TSP everything they need to know? thanks.
    as long as you didn't change the gearing i don't really see how much it would change

however an other 3 dyno pulls with the WB02 hooked up..... send them all 6 and that way they can fine tune it even more.....
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i think ill dyno it and send them the sheets. either way i hope itll help. im gunna dyno it once i get my PCM back as well.
      Dave:
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

so this week is the install week for my tranny.

im getting all new tranny parts, like the transgo reprogramming kit (has clutches,servo,etc) and a new pump and torque converter.

im hoping itll pep the car up some. the guy ripped up my tranny and we looked at it all today and he talked me thru how everthing works yada yada. he couldnt believe how hard it was to check the fluid since i have my strutbar in the way haha. he said all the work would bring me down about .5 second in the 1/4. but ill believe it when i see it.

UPDATE: i just talked to TSP, they said getting another dyno would be pointless, just to send my old dyno sheet and list of new tranny work and theyd touch it up for me. then ill get a dyno after that and see how much it helped! WOOHOO, i cant wait to go to the track once all this is done and 500 miles have been put on the new clutch haha.

[ January 18, 2006, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: dmw319 ]
        Dave:
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

so this week is the install week for my tranny.

im getting all new tranny parts, like the transgo reprogramming kit (has clutches,servo,etc) and a new pump and torque converter.

im hoping itll pep the car up some. the guy ripped up my tranny and we looked at it all today and he talked me thru how everthing works yada yada. he couldnt believe how hard it was to check the fluid since i have my strutbar in the way haha. he said all the work would bring me down about .5 second in the 1/4. but ill believe it when i see it.

UPDATE: i just talked to TSP, they said getting another dyno would be pointless, just to send my old dyno sheet and list of new tranny work and theyd touch it up for me. then ill get a dyno after that and see how much it helped! WOOHOO, i cant wait to go to the track once all this is done and 500 miles have been put on the new clutch haha.
          err clutch? i thought you had a A4?
          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

clutch(es) as in like.. clutch pack. correct?
            Dave:
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

my tranny guy (A4) said take it for the first trip run up and down the gears a few times and give it hell

so i gave it 10 psi to make sure it was good lol
              www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

lol alright. ill ask MY tranny guy what he thinks and post back here haha.
                Dave:
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

lol alright. ill ask MY tranny guy what he thinks and post back here haha.
                  yeah everyone biult there tranny different... mine just said a few normal take offs to make sure everything was working like it should [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

i talked to him today and he said "ill have it all broken in and ready to go by the time you pick it up". haha he said i could take it to the track straight from the shop if i wanted to. haha. i just have to check the tranny fluid every month or so
                    Dave:
                    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

i talked to him today and he said "ill have it all broken in and ready to go by the time you pick it up". haha he said i could take it to the track straight from the shop if i wanted to. haha. i just have to check the tranny fluid every month or so
                      i check mine every fill up just to make sure
                      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

he said all the work would bring me down about .5 second in the 1/4. but ill believe it when i see it.
                        uhh, all those mods you listed would improved 1/4 mile times LOL
                        i dont know what would slow you down?
                        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

what stall you getting ?
                          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

not getting a stall, just a new stronger tq converter.

slow6: i know it should help my 1/4 some, but i dont want to be too optimistic thinking itll change by that much.
                            Dave:
                            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

not getting a stall, just a new stronger tq converter.

slow6: i know it should help my 1/4 some, but i dont want to be too optimistic thinking itll change by that much.
                              man get a stall....... some peopl have taken .2-.6 of there et with just a stall itself... ! if nothing esle it make the car fun to drive [img]smile.gif[/img]
                              www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X