Blind fuel tuning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind fuel tuning...

SO do you think there is a safe amount a car can run leaning it out.

Not talking much, just a bit. I know its not ideal and to get real power need a wideband, just looking for a little bit extra.

AT the moment running 5* advance, no problems on 87. Definitley will recheck when it starts warming up again.

I also have COT on. Can I say take the fuel table and multiply it by a number like .90, or .95 or so... I am just looking for an amount to get a base.(like the leanest of tunes runs 97% of the fueling table) So I would run something way safer like 99%.

I also know its not as easy as hitting the whole table, that it will fluctuate throughout the RPMS but trying to tune blindly.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

I'm blind too.
    Thats an intresting fuel table idea ya got thare!
    I hope it works out.

There IS NO "Actual AFR" PID on your scanner so how can you know what your actual AFR is without a Wideband?
    There is no "Commanded AFR" either.

After ALL the calculations HPT goes through to get your Commanded AFR, HOW do we know if we're running rich or lean?
    LTFT/STFTs dont tell v6s crap.

You threw in 5* advance, when you didnt even check your KR? I'm sure you got some KR (stock).
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6:
      I'm blind too.
      I hope it works out.

There IS NO "Actual AFR" PID on your scanner so how can you know what your actual AFR is without a Wideband?

After ALL the calculations HPT goes through to get your Commanded AFR, HOW do we know if we're running rich or lean?
      LTFT/STFTs dont tell v6s crap.

You threw in 5* advance, when you didnt even check your KR? I'm sure you got some KR (stock).
      PE Fueling:
      you take the base a/f say 13.1:1 then subtract what the PE cell vs time says ie -3.1+13.1= 10.0:1 AFR

this is the only way I know to find out the AFR.

What do you need a 150mph Speed Limiter for Eric? lol
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I'm blind too.
        I hope it works out.

theres a commanded afr in the scanner...in the editor its just a simple calculation as you stated.
        00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

Originally posted by foff667:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by slow6:
          I'm blind too.
          I hope it works out.

theres a commanded afr in the scanner...in the editor its just a simple calculation as you stated. </font>[/QUOTE]I Quickly overlooked that, I was hoping you'd prove me wrong, sorry.

In Scanner, under "Table", &lt;insert&gt;key, "Fueling", "Commanded AFR %"
          Theres also an AFR Error %, under Custom

Comment

well in 2.0 you should see commanded high res or commanded low res depending on if you have a v6 or v8
            00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

Actually been checking it thoroughly, and haven't seen any knock.

I am gong to recheck when it starts warming up, hasn't really been hotter then 90 in awhile* for awhile. But once spring/summer rolls around I will recheck and see whats going on. If I have time today I'll check it but I think its in the 50s...

I can see the commnaded AFR, just have to add it in your scanner. I "half" did a track tune, slightly judging by where my injectors were maxing out the most, and leaning it out slightly. I had a little more timing, and I was running 100 octane. But it was a track only deal.

ran 93.5 mph with 3.42s aluminum driveshaft, shaved lid, and cutout on stock catback. Even bogged(not sure how that affects your mph, I know spins inflate it) the day I broke the tranny again. (and before someone asks belt was on, was getting used to clutch, and the differnet set of street tires I was using)

It helped a bit, but I had a feeling I might be running a bit leaner then I should. I uploaded the scan here not too long ago.
              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by foff667:
                well in 2.0 you should see commanded high res or commanded low res depending on if you have a v6 or v8
                I've got commanded Low res

ERIC: what are your LTFT/STFTs? I guess it doesnt matter and stock o2s ARE WAAAAY off.
                But mine are +20 range.
                Good luck, hope we can get this question answered!!

Comment

once I get my wideband, i will help you with your fueling

Comment

i recommend against any sort of blanket tuning...even the mail tunes I've been privied to view barely touch fueling at all. When you start tuning with a wideband you can see how different your new tables will be from the old & how much it varies from one car to the next.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X