Hypertech Top speed limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertech Top speed limiter

k, so I got one of these for xmas. I installed the top speed limiter removal and selected that I have V rated tires up to 147 mph. I went to the local oval track, gunned it. Same thing as stock even though I got there much faster Im still not going past 120 mph it bounces off 120 and then itll go back into gear and the engine roars, it hits 120 and does the limiter shift and stays around 4,000 rpm. Repeats the process. I dont really have V rated tires I have the stock goodyear's with the T rated tires. Does the car really know that I never installed V rated tires and ignores the HPP3? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks :D

[ December 27, 2005, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: 1NotSoBadAssBird ]

anyone know?

Comment

not really maybe pull the tune and redue it again :shrug:
      00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

hrm I think it may work, when you top out a v6 with the top speed limiter removed fbody what happens? Also I just watched a vid of me topping out in stock form and it would go to 118 and just not move. Now it goes to 120, it shifts, then the needle bounces off 120 to 115 or so, it hit 120 again and repeat the process. Is this just the car gaining more and more speed?

Comment

Yes , your car can read the speed rating off the tires and wouldn’t let you die even if you want it to [img]smile.gif[/img] , just kidding, Limiter was not removed.

Comment

should I retune the car? It is doing something different from stock form. Id just like to know what a v6 fbody does in the gauge cluster when its being topped out with no top speed limiter on it as in where would the speedo needle be? Also is there some other way I can get rid of the top speed limiter? I know the programmer works cause it made a difference on my car.

[ December 27, 2005, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: 1NotSoBadAssBird ]

Comment

Its hard to judge the performance from just how your car feels. Maybe it's the weather? There are many variables to why a car feels or is faster. I assume you should just try again, if that doesn't work, contact tech support.
              Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X