CAM Tuning......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAM Tuning......

Sorry if someone's asked this kind of question before.......
    All my LS1 buddies take their car to a guy in Raleigh and he dyno's it and custom tunes their Cammed cars. Well I called the guy and he doesn't have the software for 3.8's because not as many people mod them.

Do you guys/gals know of anywhere in or near North Carolina to get a Camshaft tune like that.... or maybe somewhere that will do a mail order tune? Thanks!
    White 2001 3.8 Camaro, headers, 3 inch dual exhaust, hypertech programmer, C6 wheels, blue racing stripes.

texas speed & performance
    $150

Comment

^How'd you get it for $150? The only option I saw was $275. Thanks.
      I'm thinking about going with Thunder racing's Comp Cam 200 / 206, .496 / .480 112 LSA
      Anyone running this one?
      White 2001 3.8 Camaro, headers, 3 inch dual exhaust, hypertech programmer, C6 wheels, blue racing stripes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Sickle:
        I'm thinking about going with Thunder racing's Comp Cam 200 / 206, .496 / .480 112 LSA
        Anyone running this one?
        Don't waste you money on that cam. Read the sticky at the top of the Advanced Tech forum and do some searches there.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

^What's so bad about that one?

I was also thinking about ZZ/Comp cams GT2 216/216 .317/.317 111 N/A

I was thinking about the GT1 but I'm gonna get a converter pretty soon. I was told the GT2 would run better with the TC.

[ November 21, 2005, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Sickle ]

Comment

GT2 is awesome. Do some searching and reading in Advanced Tech and you'll get tons of opinions. ;)
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

^Thanks man, you've been a big help.

You think it'll work good with a pretty much stock setup other than headers/exhaust and intake? I'll get it tuned afterwards.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X