Clear All

• is this the right wide band 02

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=253&page=1

just want to make ure it will work with the hp tuners software
    thanks

Yep, that's the one. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

thanks sorry for the double post computer went crazy

Comment

Just edit the other post and click the box to delete it. ;)
        Matt
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I am lookin at the tuner stuff now and i see that i need to get a 97 computer, because i got a 96 camaro 3.8.

The thing that confuses me is which tuner to get.

1 bar speed density or 2 and the upgrades.

i am lost in a sea of info please help me.

Comment

You don't need to get a 97 PCM if you get the DHP PowrTuner. [img]smile.gif[/img]

With HP Tuners you'll need to start off with the basic $499 tuner. After that I don't know if you need any upgrades besides the Enhanced IO.
            Matt

Comment

I was lookin into the dhp and i saw the the only difference between it an the hp is the dhp is a little harder to learn at first. Am i correct??

And the price is like a $100 cheaper too.

Comment

Originally posted by v6man:
                the only difference between it an the hp is the dhp is a little harder to learn at first. Am i correct??
                Nope. I wouldn't say there's any difference in trying to learn the two. Layout is different, but they do the same thing in mostly the same way.

At least with DHP you get the awesome support forum. HP Tuner's forum is a little lacking.
                Matt

Comment

Looks like DHP here i come.

just ordered the wide band and the DHP will be on the 1st of dec.

Are you fimiliar with the dhp, and have and thing to read other than all the info i see for the hp tuners??

Like what everything is and if i make a change to 1 thing how will it affect everything else??

by the way 98camaro thanks for you replies.

Comment

There's a bunch of info on the forum, but you have to be a customer to get access to it.

99% of the stuff is the same, though. The car doesn't care what program is used to edit it...the tables are the same between the 2. Either program will have the same effect on it.

Just make sure you get the enhanced version with the analog input.
                    Matt

Comment

http://www.3800performance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

I think i got the right one if not ill make the changes i havent ordered it yet.

it is through 3800 performance i didnt see a link in the dhp website to purchace it so i went here.

I didnt see the enhanced version but it comes with the a/d conversion support.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Can't see it from your link, but as long as you chose the right car and the a/d version, you'll be set. Just make sure you really want to tune it yourself before you spend the money. ;)

See http://digitalhorsepower.corphelp.net/ for access to the forums and other FAQs.
                        Matt

Comment

Yes i do want to tune my computer simply because i like knowing how everything works. And if something happens i can fix or change it quick without having to wait for somebody else to help me.

Digital Horsepower Inc. PowrTuner Reprogramming Kit
                          $399.99 $499.99
                          > Select Version: PowrTuner with A/D Conversion support (add $100.00) $100.00
                          > FREE!! Enter 2nd Vehicle Model, Trim, and Year: 98 camaro 3800 series ll non-supercharged
                          > Select Vehicle Year: 1996
                          > Select Model: V6 Camaro
                          > Select Motor: 3800 Series II Non-Supercharged

that is the order sheet before check out.

Also when the order is placed and i get the tuner how am I going to be able to get into the help section of dhp?? will that info come with he package??

thanks again your help is appreicated

Comment

You may want to leave the 2nd vehicle blank for now, unless you already know you're going to tune a 98. Other than that, looks like the right one.

To get access to the support forum, first create a username on the forum (http://www.cartechpr.com). Then submit a ticket on the link above with your purchase info and username. You'll be able to read up on the forum before you actually get the tuner.
                            Matt

Comment

Ok thanks for the help.
                              Yes i want the 98 one cause my mom has a 98 camaro 3.8 so when I get more proficent with the tuner I can go through hers and give her car a little more power. :D

Like i said befor thank you for the help and now i am off to do some reading.

thanks
                              tony

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X