Texas Speed Tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Speed Tune

What's their website and how do they run these? Do you send in your core first, or can you send it in later after they send you a different, tuned one?

im too lazy to search for the site like you could
    http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...earch_forum=35 ;)

but i know you have to send them yours or an identical one
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Found it:
      http://www.texas-speed.com/item_deta...ProductID=1255

Comment

you send them yours with a list of your mods, they tune it the day they get it, and they send it back to you. you pay for shipping. so the more you pay for shipping, the quicker you can get it there and they can get it back. i did it. ask me any more questions if you want. they also do free re-tunes if you get more mods, just gotta pay for shipping.
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Oh, damn, I thought you had to pay to get it re-tuned again. That's sweet that it's free plus shipping.

Any idea how much a tune would yield with heads, cam, rear end, rockers, pushrods, valves, springs..?

Comment

im not sure, it really depends a lot on the exact specs of all your mods. i would guess around a 15-20 HP gain at the dyno, if not more. you definately need a tune though, specially with a new rear end. and with all your engine work im sure your A/F ratios are wacko. i would get a dyno, then send them the dyno sheet as well as a list of mods. that way they know the best way to tune it exactly. then when you get it back, take it to the dyno again, and send it off for a retune to get it even better! thats what i plan on doing in the near future.
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X