HP or Tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP or Tune

Hi all, been gone for awhile. I was wondering, I still need a tune (bad) should I buy HP for my 99 or should I go ahead and get it dyno tuned? The tune is going to be about as much as buying the software. (I have a laptop, but have no idea how to use HP) Whaddya think? (After the # 36 injector install, and the Intense PCM, I am running way too rich. I think they used the L67 tables). Thanks, Jessi [img]smile.gif[/img]
    (Sorry about the wrong forum, oops)
    Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

its hard to say... learning t tune with hptuners isn't exactly easy... you have to do some searching to learn about it.

but honestly I would do it for myself so you can fix and change things accordingly to your needs since having FI makes it a little trickier to jsut get tuned.

besides alot of shops don't have much experience with v6s and will do tunes that suck ***.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Hey Jessica, long time, no see. I thought Zoomer at 3800pro.com did all the tuning for you.

Did you e-mail him about this?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Using Hptuners isn't that bad, it did take a little time to figure it out but in the end it is worth it. If you do get it, I can send you my file so you can take a look at it , since I'm running 36lb injectors and a powerdyne also.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

since steve just posted that he can share his pcm file i would get hp tuners. his car is more built up but i am sure that by saving your 'intense' bin file (archive and back up copies on cd, ect.) you will always have a point to got back to (where you are right now) that 'works.' you will be able to compare your current bin file to steves 36# bin file and that will speed up your learning curve. Steve might even be able to mention to you or supply you some notes for fine tuning his pcm down to your current modes on your engine. you both have higher than 6 psi pulleys, 36# injectors and no fmu. that is a great starting point.
          if you have an auto tranny you can adjust your shift pressure and shift points and if you change tires or gear ratios you can recalibrate those as well with hptuners.

did you install a wideband o2 gauge? how do you know you are running rich?

i vote for you to get hptuners. you can handle it.
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods
          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

errr humm i'm going to move this to tunning area since it's more for tuning...

i tune my car mostly on the street..... i can help you out,

i'm going to try and get big tuning right up this weekend [img]smile.gif[/img]

i know of one shop in mobile, AL THAT CAN TUNE v'6's and he is VARY VARY GOOD (where i'm going next after auto install and bugs are out [img]smile.gif[/img] )
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Well, the Intense PCM has the updated gear ratio. I still have my origional PCM. In all honesty, it ran alot better with it. I have to ease in the throttle to get anywhere. I don't think I have been in boost for a month, it just craps out. Thor, I don't know anyone at 3800pro. (Wish I did). We got our internet access pulled at work, and my laptop is on its last leg, hence my dissappearance. Anyway, it's just running too rich. It has to be that. The motor makes a hell of a racket, but no torque. Reminds me of a Honda at work with a Borla muffler. I can run faster then that car. It makes a lot of noise, but goes nowhere fast.
              Honestly, with the old PCM and injectors, it was beginning to go pretty good. Sorry it took so long to get back to my thread. Jessica [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

I wouldn't trust a tune from a L67, mine looks alot different than there tune. The noise and not running right could be KR.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Probably so. It doesn't knock per say, it just sounds like its working so hard, and not going anywhere fast. If I give it light throttle, it runs fine. If I mash it, it bogs down, leading me to think it's too rich. Especially after the 36 injector install. It's hard to think of it being too lean. Can a dealer tune this? If what everyone says is true about finding a place that can do a 6 tune, then the places I've talked with just want my $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112:
                    Probably so. It doesn't knock per say, it just sounds like its working so hard, and not going anywhere fast. If I give it light throttle, it runs fine. If I mash it, it bogs down, leading me to think it's too rich. Especially after the 36 injector install. It's hard to think of it being too lean. Can a dealer tune this? If what everyone says is true about finding a place that can do a 6 tune, then the places I've talked with just want my $$$.
                    if you make a drive to mobile i know a guy
                    www.turbov6camaro.com
                    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X