Speed density and tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed density and tuning?

If one of my o2 sensors(pass manifold) takes a dump and stops working let's say.. is there a short term way to get the car running right(its dumping tons of fuel to that bank) before i can get it fixed?

I understand that with my hptuners, if i had the knowledge and a wideband o2 i could tune the car in speed density mode and ignore all the stock o2's. Is that the only option at this point?

thanks

ps... 97 A4
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

I've been reading about running in 'open loop' mode by disabling closed loop and deleting the o2 codes.

What about this as a temp solution?
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

why noe spend the $50 on a new O2? you still have to have the O2's for everyday driving
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

That's not what i'm asking. [img]smile.gif[/img]

i'm going to replace it, but i want to see what temp options i have until i can get the car to my mechancic next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenp:
          That's not what i'm asking. [img]smile.gif[/img]

i'm going to replace it, but i want to see what temp options i have until i can get the car to my mechancic next weekend.
          save $200 and do it your self
          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

It's a long story why that's not true, but i won't get into it right now [img]smile.gif[/img]
            But anyways, i'd love some feedback on my tuning questoins in the tuning forum? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

the only time the car does not use the O2 in the header is at WOT, you have to have them. it also keep the motor balanced so one side does not go lean

you also need the O2 to run SD and you only need to run SD if your maf fails... witch is the only time the VE table is used.....

you need a 2 or 3 bar MAP to do a SD tune and HPT does not suport it for our cars the only way to tune the is with the PE talbe's

email your bin to them and get the MAF fail added and set it at 16000hz and disable the code (maf high FQ fail) let your car run like stock and use the WB to tune for WOT

if you worried about MPG well i still get 16 MPG in my car and i'm not nice on the roads lol/ i still get 33 MPG hwy last i checked
              www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Thanks..
                So bottom line, i need the o2's in the headers either way.

Okay...

Comment

Originally posted by ravenp:
                  Thanks..
                  So bottom line, i need the o2's in the headers either way.

Okay...
                  i hooked the for the crap of it and the car runs like mud butt.....
                  and i got about 10MPG
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X