HP tuners and DHP tuners question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP tuners and DHP tuners question

i know this has been asked a few times but i might actually get hp tuners or dhp tuners, i have done a LITTLE bit of research pn it but not to sure, yes i have a laptop and they all say it is semi hard etc etc, like could someone give me a link or tell me the difficulty as in like an example or something i am real interested in getting one of these soon, also btw where can i get these, as in what website, and btw i only have minor mods on my car like exhaust intake, thats bout it!!! whats the diff. b/w dhp and hp!!!

Originally posted by Chet Mo and the Camaro:
    whats the diff. b/w dhp and hp!!!
    Different companies. They do the same thing, HP Tuners is just "prettier" than DHP Powrtuner. Personally, I like the price of the Powrtuner and the support from DHP.

also btw where can i get these, as in what website
    HP Tuners
    Digital Horsepower (email them)

like could someone give me a link or tell me the difficulty as in like an example or something
    Check the HP Tuners forum, and also read the posts in this forum. The important thing is to read every post about tuning so that you know what you're doing before going in and making blind changes.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

i have been reading up on them boards of dhp and hp tuners and that looks very complex i am wondering if it would be a bad idea if i got this, as i probably wont know what i am doing, what kind of walk though is there, and is it really that complex!!! as i am not a engine guru and i know the basics and maybe a little more than that but not too much!!! so what should i do???

Comment

honestly if you are near stock, and have no clue whats going on... i wouldn't suggest it.

I mean I guess you might get some gains out of it, but for the $500 for hptuners... I think the money would be better spent on other mods.

Only reason I jumped on it, is I got mine used for $200 (Great Deal) I was nearly willing to pay that much just for the ability to recalibrate the speedo and change the fans whenever I want. Heck I could probalby sell it and make a profit.

I got it because I am willing to jump in and spend alot of time learning how to use it, and I am also willing to spend the time testing/tuning and dialing in my mods.

but if you have big plans for your car int he future like heads/cam, or FI I'd get it. If not I would get gears/lsd and suspension work.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

i really wouldnt mind getting gears and lsd instead but they said that will throw off my speedo etc etc which i would need a tuner for also!!

Comment

you could always look into a cheape hpp3 or possibly a custom tune.

I admit though one reason I didn't change my gears when I did lsd was because I couldn't recaibrate.

just saying if I spent $500 I'd be a littel upset with the results because to competley use it you need a wideband, which is anther $200-300.

just adds up to alot of money.

for te little gains on a stock car, now if you had a cam ro FI i would jump on it.
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

well they dont make hpp3 for my car, and if i got gears and lsd i would need a recalibration and shift points adjusted right, is there anyone who could do just them, hey couldnt you do them to things!!! [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

Comment

mustangeater, i'd pay you more than $200 for your hptuners!! more, and be happy about it
                i need 2k2.
                i'm sure you cant help me out.

so, 1 person says get hp tuners cause it looks prettier
                1 person says get dhp for the price & support of dhp
                which is it?
                i'm going hp tuners probably
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

If you get hpp3, make sure you get it used and for a good price, I have seen it for like $100-150, but if it gets as high as $200, I'd look into a mail order tune form TSP.

if dhp is cheaper I'd maybe consider it, I am not sure I didn't look into it much. I jumped on hpt on a bit of a whim when I saw it for sale.

As for support for hptuners, they seem pretty decent. New version 2.0 is coming out "soon"(that is one beef I have with them, they say its coming out "any day now") for like 6+ months. I'd rather them say its coming out next spring then "any day now" or something.

Comment

so maybe just get gears and lsd then save up for tsp tune??? how bad does it throw off my speedo

Comment

depends what gears you go with...

another thing to consider is they will cause your speedo to read more miles then you are putting on the car.

IMO, I'd look for a 3.42 rear for like $150, aluminum driveshaft adn the rest of the money you listed looking for something to recalibrate the speedo.

Comment

when I did my rear end change to the 3.42s and LSD, I went to the local dealer and had them flash my PCM with a VIN from a 97 auto that had the Y87 package. They did it for 100 bucks
                        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

im confused 97rs??? as in they flashed it with a car with 3.42's?? which would make the car read correctly, btw i wanted 3.73's and lsd!!!

Comment

im confused 97rs??? as in they flashed it with a car with 3.42's?? which would make the car read correctly, btw i wanted 3.73's and lsd!!!
                            yes I assume he had 3.08s converted to 3.42s, then got the vin off a y87 car(with 3.42s) and they looked up the file and uploaded it to his pcm, making everything work right.

not sure if a dealer would do it for 3.73s, because that is a custom thing they don't have a file of a v6 f-body on hand.

Comment

hmm, well if you want the easy way out goto wait4meperformance.com custom tunes cheap. So no risk of screwing up your pcm, and free re-tunes for life...shoot him an e-mail you'll be happy, I am.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                              05' CTS-V
                              00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X