HPtuner and spark advance vs. RPM ?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HPtuner and spark advance vs. RPM ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPtuner and spark advance vs. RPM ??

(i don't have hptuner yet)
    I can't seem to narrow down an answer so here goes...

Can I manipulate the spark advance/retard based on engine rpm? ESAMPLE: At 6 psi the engine does not typically see poseitive boost until it is near 4000 rpm. (i always use premium fuel and no knock retard module and everything is fine a 6psi) Can i advance the timing a few degrees at LESS than 3000 rpm and then use standard timing from 3001 to 4500 rpm and then retard timing a couple of degrees from 45001 to redline? I would like to see the performance gains if any by advancing the timing in the 'non boost range' and I am also considering all that will be involved when I change to a smaller pulley (apx. 9psi). When I move to 9 psi I will want to retard the timing...but does the timing have to be retarded for the entire RPM range?

I am picturing a timing table for 9 psi like this:
    0-3000 rpm (slightly advanced)
    3001 to 4200 (normal timing)
    4201 to 5000 (retard timing 1-2 degrees)
    5001 to 5800 (retard timing 2-3 (or more as needed)

thanks for any feedback. g.
    01 Firebird A4 3.42
    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
    and other mods
    Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

I am still learning on this but best I can say, is it goes by cylinder airmass and engine RPM

a table sort of like this(screenshot of v2.0, not out yet, but same principle)

http://home.comcast.net/~whenn1/2.0b.JPG

[ September 17, 2005, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: shenanigans ]
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

the pcm get cly air mass from MAF readings

so when in the RPM's you have no boost you can advance it some

think of it like battle ship

you can be at 6000 and no air in the motor or 6000 and lots of air

but no you dont have the change the hole chart... you can change one box if you want.... say if you keep getting KR in that box
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I'm running 3 more degrees advanced in the high oct table except for the higher areas .8 and .9 areas from 3200 rpms to 6000 rpms. I also take off 4 degrees off the whole table to use for the low octane table. Works good, and thats in 100 degree weather.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

cool guys, thanks.
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods
          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X