Tuning for P&P intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning for P&P intake?

so now my car is throwing codes 172 and 175..both banks running rich..it has new plugs and wires..and i dont think its the O2s because i think it is actually running rich..i can feel it and it has a little more lope at idle..it doesnt seem to run rough or go through gas or anything..i can just kinda tell..so its most likely come down to the P&P intake i had put on..so i think i want to raise the air/fuel ratio a little..but where do i do this??..both stoick and PE?..also..how much should i raise it just to lean it out a little?
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

A P&P intake by itself will not cause anything like that to happen. Sounds like something else is up.

Also, don't mess with the AFR without a wideband to tell you what's really going on.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

damn :( ..would it be a good idea to raise it in the mean time to make sure im not fouling plugs or anything?
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

yeah..i need a damn wideband bad

Comment

If you want to change the idle you could use the injector flow rate table and scale it from there at idle or you could do it with the maf air flow vs. frequency, only adjusting down low where you idle at. What are your fuel trims like?
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Are you running a modified tune? Perhaps set the fuel stuff back to default for a while to see if that's the cause.

Running a little rich isn't going to hurt anything, you'll just use a bit more gas.
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

cool..well thats good..i'll have to get it back into the shop..im just running the stock tune..thanks!

Comment

yeah don't mess with the AFR with out a WB
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X