tuner, jet chip, hypertech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuner, jet chip, hypertech

I was going to go with the Jet Stage 2 chip, since I have a Magnaflow exhaust and k and n cold air intake kit. The jet chip is much cheaper, about $220.

Is the HPtuner really worth all the extra money?

I can get a Hypertech3 for about the same price as the jet chip. What would you recommend? Also, how powerful of a laptop do you need for a HPTuner? And I assume these all work with v6s.

HP Tuners and DHP Powrtuner run circles around the Jet chip. HPP3 is total crap.

If you want to learn how to tune, get HP Tuners or DHP PowrTuner.

If you want something quick and easy, get a mail order tune from TSP.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

mail order tune - 275. probably what ill be doing.

however, if you choose to get a JET chip, im selling mine here: http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...483;p=1#000000

[ September 14, 2005, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: dmw319 ]
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

How come hp tuners are so much better? You can get a lot more performance out of them then with jet chips? Does anyone know where to find one at a reasonable price? The hp tuners are are around 500, which seems a little steep.

Comment

Originally posted by jules99firebird:
          How come hp tuners are so much better? You can get a lot more performance out of them then with jet chips?
          HP Tuners and DHP PowrTuner are actual tuners, not just a chip. You can customize the tune to your car, not some general tune that won't yield real performance.

Originally posted by jules99firebird:
          The hp tuners are are around 500, which seems a little steep.
          It is expensive, but that's what they go for. Also look into the DHP PowrTuner. It can be had for about $150 less, but you can do the same stuff.
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

or buy hptuners or dhp used [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

wat is a dhp tuner? sry 4 the dumb question but im new to tunning
              K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

digital horsepower tuner...basically thte same as hptuners only different [img]smile.gif[/img] a little cheaper but both have their pro's & cons. DHP is a sponsor here
                00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

hypertech pp3 has 'setings' for performance gain with low and also high octane fuel. If they work nobody knows how well becuase it is just not noticeable. However,... a hypertech IS a hand held programmer that can recalibrate speedo for gears, tire sizes, rev limiter, fan turn on temps, and also for auto tranny cars it can set the shift points and also increase shift pressure. those last two things make it a nice unit for people with auto tranny cars who do not plan on editing their PCM to garner HP from a personal tune. The increased shift pressure is REAL NICE.

if you are real serious (and have major mods (cams, p and p heads, forced induction, etc.) a professianly (TSP) tuned PCM or pro tuning software is best bet.
                  01 Firebird A4 3.42
                  Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                  and other mods
                  Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X