HPTuners and car mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPTuners and car mileage

Im not planning to sell my car, but I need to get some warranty done.
    Can this software temporary change the mileage in the computer?

No. The mileage stored in the PCM is different from that stored in the instrument cluster.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

nope...

only thing I could think that coudl be done is...

recalibrate the gears wrong, so your speedo and odometer are off, and read low.

But thats fraud.
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

well at least he aint selling it w/ low miles
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Im not selling her , she is mine !

Comment

put that thing up on jackstands, put her in reverse and let her rip!!! Keep it nailed to 5000 rpms for about a week straight and you'll have no mileage at all!! :)
            1994 Camaro: Firebird Interior, 3.4L to 3800 converted, OBD2 converted, A4 to M5 converted...In the turbo retirement home...<br /><br />1994 Mustang GT: 347 Forged Stroker, Port Matched Edelbrock Heads and Intakes, Tremec 3550 T-5, Spec Stage 2

Comment

[img]smile.gif[/img] Yea , this is the best advice so far !!
              I might as well come visit you driving like that!

p.s.its computer controlled , not mechanical like yours. Im wondering if they have that kind of scan tool at the dealership so they can actually pull the mileage from the PCM?

Comment

Not to sound like a narc, but changing your mileage to scam a warrenty is still fraud. If you're busted, it'll cost you a lot more than the total repair bill (and maybe a few months of your free time). :D
                1997 Camaro, Y87 Perf. Package, iRotor Drilled & Slotted Brakes, Bilstien Shocks, Custom drive shaft, K&N Filter, & Mobil 1 synthetic. 202+K miles and still drives like new.<br />-If you can\'t stomp \'em in the straights, kill \'em in the corners...

Comment

I'm putting a 3.4 in my miata and want the milage changed to my miata's milage... thats not really fraud.... there has to be a way.
                  \"Madison\" White \'91 Miata

Comment

you can get a new instrument cluster with lower miles on it and install that.. Is the milage stored in the PCM? I thought it was just on the instrument cluster.
                    Mystic Teal Metallic
                    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Originally posted by teal99camaro:
                      you can get a new instrument cluster with lower miles on it and install that.. Is the milage stored in the PCM? I thought it was just on the instrument cluster.
                      Both. Mileage is stored in both the PCM and cluster, but they're seperate. You'll only see what's in the PCM with a scan tool.
                      Matt
                      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X