Cam + Timing advance + N2O?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam + Timing advance + N2O?

so i've been looking a little at the GT1 cam lately if my block needs to come apart comlpetely (right now they're just removing the heads)..i want something very mild like this cam..where the cam and a cam specific PCM tune is all i need..no valvetrain or other mods..so heres my question...from what i have looked into all of the tuning and files for cams advance the timing..however..i would want to run a 75 - 100 dry shot with this..but if the timing has to be advanced for the cam..how does that work???? (or does the timing not HAVE to be advanced for the cam?)
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

The timing does not have to be advanced to run a cam. Actually, most people buy that cam so they do not have to do any computer tuning. But it does set off the random misfire code for most people.

I would change the valvesprings to ls6 ones to run that cam. Especially with your nitrous. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    92 S10 3800 A4(96)<br />1/4: 14.374 @ 92.25 w/ 1.976 60\'<br />Turbo and 12\'s Coming Soon!

Comment

awesome..that shouldnt be too costly..id probably just use intense's standard tune with stock timing

BTW..a little update..they did a compression test and found no compression on cyl 6..which is where i thought the gasket was blown..they hear the same ticking i do..and dont know if its internal damage or just the head gasket..so they're pulling the heads off on friday..i would do P&P heads/intakes but its my daily driver and i cant wait 3 - 4 weeks for them

anyways..is the code you mentioned the P0300 code? ..i can just program it out with HP Tuners

here is another cam im looking at..
      CompCams Blower cam. 210/220 .512/.512 115LS

[ August 10, 2005, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

You have it backwards. You do not need to advance timing with a cam but a cam will enable you to advance. A bigger cam will give you more fueling (with tuning) which helps fight knock. With the X-P Hot Cam, I was running 3* advance on the juice with no knock.

You don't need it but it can help with performance.
        2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X