governor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• governor?

hey guys the other day i was out on the highway and i decided to top it out. I was in 4th gear at about 5 grand and it just stopped going up. It got up to a little before 120. are there any chips or what not that can increase my top speed? and if so what one would u reccomend?

HPP3 can do it, but forget I even said that.

Go with either HP Tuners or DHP Powrtuner.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Where could I get an HP tuner?

Comment

You may also consider a mail order tune from TSP. That's probably your best bet.
        Matt
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Im sorry im just getting into modding my car, what is TSP?

Comment

http://www.texas-speed.com/

Do a quick search in here and in Advanced Tech and you'll get a bunch of hits about their tuning.
            Matt

Comment

alright thanks alot

Comment

what modifications do you have. 200plus for the TSP mail tune is expensive if all you want to do is remove the speed limiter.
                2003 Chrome Silver Nissan 350z 6 Speed<br /><br />2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro 3800 M5-----SOLD but missed

Comment

Try PCMforLess.com Bryan Wherter is a bit cheaper and he made a lot of improvements, matched me with my mods very well. - Tim
                  FBodyHideoutV6Moderator@GMail.com

Comment

275 is a bit much. but i just might do it [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Dave:
                    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

jet scu 2000...corrects speedo for gear change, shift points, and elimates top speed limiter

$120
                      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i have the programable PCM jet chip stage 2. and it still limits my speed. *shrug* maybe i have to "reprogram it"? i dont know how it works haha its just plug and play.
                        Dave:
                        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

the jet scu 2000 is not the jet chip stage 2 you have. It is different, this is a little blue box that you use to adjust stuff.
                          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life:
                            the jet scu 2000 is not the jet chip stage 2 you have. It is different, this is a little blue box that you use to adjust stuff.
                            i know. i never said i had that one.. haha. anyone know the answer to my question in the last post?
                            Dave:
                            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Want a cheater way... Not sure if it works but in theory it should.

Hook up a toggle switch the VSS... You will lose your speedo and odometer while its off though.

how many of you guys with 2000 want your speed limiter removed removed?

Hell i might consider buying a '00 pcm on the side and remove your speed limiters do gear changes, and maybe lower your fan temps for like $50 and shipping [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X