Hypertech Tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertech Tuner

I just bought one of thoes shadey hypertech programmers for my 2000 firebird and when it tries to write yo my computer it keeps giving me some 6D error code. It tells me to call hypertech and they will tell me what to do but i dont feel like waiting untill monday. Do any of you know what to do or what this code means. Im posting this in all the topics cuz im tired of waiting a week for you guys to answer my posts.

was it a new or used unit?
    00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

it was new. I got it from Summit.

Comment

I think it might not be any good. It will say "reading progress *%" on the display. Then when it gets to 100% it will say "reading progress wait" then 2 seconds later it changes to "6d6ding progress wait". Now im pretty sure when it gives you the 6d error code its not supossed sandwitch it in with the current display. I figured it would clear the screen and give you the code by itself. The only reason i assume its is an error code is because it mentions a 6d code in the book. But it never mentioned it saying "6d6ding progress ". Im thinking i got a bad unit. ok it gets even deeper...I let it wait for at least 1/2 hour when it said "6d6ding progress wait" and nothing but when i pressed the Y button when it said this it seemed to contune. It said "writing progress *%". When it reached 100% it said Hypertec installed . So i shut the car down for 1 minute then proceeded to see if it worked. Being that i was looking at about a 15 or so hp gain i figured the only sure way for me to test to see if it installed correctly is to test my rev limits. Well it didnt work so i figured none of the options where installed. I figured i would just follow up its sunday now and i will be able to call hypertech tomarrow.

Comment

Ok so i called Hypertech today... They said that there is nothing that they can do for me... What a horse sh¡t product this turnned out to be. Yea i guess ill be sending this crap back to Summit. Does anyone know of any 1/2 decent tuners for a 2000 3.8?

Comment

Originally posted by IceBird:
            Does anyone know of any 1/2 decent tuners for a 2000 3.8?
            Like has been said many many times before, DHP PowrTuner or HP Tuners. ;)
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X