Getting HPTuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting HPTuners

Okay guys, fair warning. I just got HPTuners for the 97 PCM for $200 and I am new to the whole tuning thing. I will be asking a bunch of questions in the coming days as soon as I get the stuff. Right now my car has a 97 PCM in it with a basic mild tune to improve shift points, shift firmness, gears, and tire ratio.

What else can I do to get a little more HP out of it?
    New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
    RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
    crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
    The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

timing and TQ management
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Where did you find HP for $200? That's cheap!
      Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

timing, fuel, Tq management .. Can help ya much if you decide to swing up this way. ;)

I've been playing in the fuel arena a bit. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

besides recalibrating for my mods i've just started playing with the timing tables to advance and get rid of KR..its amazing the differnce it makes NA..im hoping to see some on that gain on the spray [img]smile.gif[/img] ..with the money you saved on HP Tuners you should get a wide band O2 ..using that in conbination with HP Tuners can be GREAT
          <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112:
            Where did you find HP for $200? That's cheap!
            http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=8;t=007148

Jenn I may take you up on that. I have no indepth knowledge of tuning, but I will quickly learn.
            New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
            RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
            crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
            The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Ahhh, that explains it. Now if someone would only sell a used DHP for my 99 I would be in good shape.
              Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112:
                Ahhh, that explains it. Now if someone would only sell a used DHP for my 99 I would be in good shape.
                Hard to sell a used DHP if they're not out there. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

&lt;-- DHP in the mail....will be here Thursday! [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
                Matt
                1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I've been playing with it a bit and have some help in teaching me. Would be more than happy to pass along the knowledge. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Load the software onto your desktop, and catch me on AIM.

I'm no expert, but I think I've got a handle on the basics. ;)

Comment

Just to let you know you should be able to pick up quite a bit of power leaning it out a bit and advancing timing.

I ran a tad rich and almost NEVER saw any knock even when spraying so you have room there to make lots more N/A power with a good tune.

Comment

Can you program more than one car at a time or does the software lock you out. I would drive down and pay you. I changed rears from a 308 to a 323 and need to adj speedo and trans.

Comment

He will be able to tune ALL 97 V6 F-cars. It is locked year specific model not car specific.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X