Efan After Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efan After Shutdown

Using HP Tuners, has anyone setup their electric fan to turn on after the engine has shut off. I turned this on the other day, if the engine is over 180 degrees when I turn off the engine, the fan is suppose to come on for 30 seconds. Well, it doesnt work and I am trying to figure out if it is just me.

I am assuming it uses the low fan wire, and my fan does turn on and off when the engine is running.
    92 S10 3800 A4(96)<br />1/4: 14.374 @ 92.25 w/ 1.976 60\'<br />Turbo and 12\'s Coming Soon!

Is that with the key turned Off, or Acc/On?
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
      Is that with the key turned Off, or Acc/On?
      Key off and pulled out. It works on my brothers 99 grand prix. Both DHP and Intense pcms use this feature.
      92 S10 3800 A4(96)<br />1/4: 14.374 @ 92.25 w/ 1.976 60\'<br />Turbo and 12\'s Coming Soon!

Comment

ive used it on a few cars
        00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

If you are running a 160 t-Stat and have matched the fans to that. Then chances are you may not be &gt; 180 when you shut down...

My guage reads ~190-200... But hpt scanner was showing 160-170. I had to idle at a stand still for like 10 mins to get into the 180s...

Of course the weather affects this some too...
          Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
          "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
          http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Seppo Kaitainen:
            If you are running a 160 t-Stat and have matched the fans to that. Then chances are you may not be &gt; 180 when you shut down...

My guage reads ~190-200... But hpt scanner was showing 160-170. I had to idle at a stand still for like 10 mins to get into the 180s...

Of course the weather affects this some too...
            I am running a 180 degree tstat. I watched the hp tuner scanner reach 190 at which point my fan turned on because that is where I have it set. Then I turned the engine off and the fans turned off with the engine.

It might be an issue with my truck, since I did wire the hole thing, but there are only 2 fan wires(high and low). They both work to turn the fan on when the engine is running.

Did anyone get this to work on a 97?

Thanks

Comment

I don't know that this makes any differance at all, but you said you only have 2 fan wires?

This leads me to believe there is no power running to them with the ignition off.

I assume this as when building a manual fan switch you tap the high/low fan wires, a ground, and I THINK a 12v constant, I'll have to look again, but this is the first thing that crossed my mind. Maybe there is just no power to the fans while the car is off with the way it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachius:
                I don't know that this makes any differance at all, but you said you only have 2 fan wires?

This leads me to believe there is no power running to them with the ignition off.

I assume this as when building a manual fan switch you tap the high/low fan wires, a ground, and I THINK a 12v constant, I'll have to look again, but this is the first thing that crossed my mind. Maybe there is just no power to the fans while the car is off with the way it is now.
                Well the fan definitely has power when the car is off since I have a manual fan switch and it works great all the time.

You know what, I think I just figured it out. My fan switch runs directly to relay that is built into the flex-a-lite fan which takes a power wire. I had to add another relay between the fan relay and the pcm because the pcm fan wires push out a ground to turn the fan on. Sooo, the relay between the fan and pcm must only be powered when the ignition is on. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Damn you guys for making me think about something I wired 2 years ago, that has to be the problem since it works for all the factory cars.

Thanks for the help! :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X