Computer Chip for Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chip for Camaro

Hi, I'm new to this forum with a 2001 Camaro. I'm looking to get more performance out of it. I'm thinking a chip would help, any suggestions on which one i should get? Any of them relavtively cheap? What would be the downfall of getting one?

jetchip.com
    hypertech.com
    superchips.com
    fastchip.com

Comment

Originally posted by V8 Killer:
      jetchip.com
      hypertech.com
      superchips.com
      fastchip.com
      No.
      No.
      No.
      No.

DHP or HP Tuners.
      For a simple one, get a mail order tune from TSP. <-- Your best option.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

whats the site for TSP?

how are you sure those others are bad?

Comment

http://www.texas-speed.com/

They've all been used by others on this board. They don't even begin to compare to a real tune.

There's been tons of other posts about this same subject, including one from earlier today: http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...;f=16;t=003249
          Matt
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

its not that the others are 'bad', just that you can get way more out of custom tuning with software like HP Tuners.

www.texas-speed.com

[edit] grr.... you beat me to it.
            \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Originally posted by ellik:
              its not that the others are 'bad'
              I would call the HPP3 horrible. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
              Matt

Comment

which one should i get?

http://www.texas-speed.com/v6fbody.a...GetFld=v6fbody

Comment

"Texas Speed & Performance Mail Order Custom Tuning"

Note: for that one I think you have to send in your PCM to have it programmed. They may be able to do it with a core charge, I don't know. Do a quick search to find more about that.
                  Matt

Comment

Wait, so if you get the tune done, then add a supercharger or something, you'll need to re-tune?

Comment

To get the most out of it yes. If for some reason you went with Hypertech or a Jet chip, you're stuck with whatever they have programmed.

If you want to be able to make changes yourself, don't get the mail order tune. Get the programmer itself and you can make as many changes as you want.
                      Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X