X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBO2

id REALLY like this WBO2..

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=252&page=1

..its really nice cuz i could put it right on my a-pillar..it records..and obviously..i could tune correctly with it..the only thing im not clear on is what actually runs to your PCM if this is plugged in to your O2 boss..i see this comes with its own O2 boss..so does that mean you put this into your exhaust and the stock narrow band remains to go to your PCM?..if so..where in the exhaust do you put it?..thanks!
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Yes, you want to keep your narrow band O2, I put my O2 bung right before the cat, about 8 to 12 inches away from it. Pretty much on the other side of the other narrow band O2 before the cat. A exhaust shop can put the O2 bung in there for you for $10 to $20.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

A wideband setup has nothing to do with your PCM. You would hook up the sensor before the cat and wire it up to a power source. You don't plug it into the PCM or anything (although it is possible to simulate a narrow band sensor if you need to).

For example, I have the LM-1 kit. I inserted the sensor into the bung just before the cat (already had a bung with the Pacesetter headers). Ran the wires up into the car and hooked it up to the unit. Now I can hook a gauge up to the unit, or plug it into a laptop for readings. ;)

And don't expect to get an LC-1 right away. They're new and are on backorder because of high demand.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

awesome..just wanted to confirm..thanks for the info guys cuz this is next on my list [img]smile.gif[/img]
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Also, I'm not sure if that gauge is the exact one you want, but there's another one on there that'll save you a couple hundred bucks.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=250&page=2
          Matt
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

that gauge is awesome too..but how will it save me a couple hundred bucks?..the LM-1 kit is $349 and the LC-1 WB Controller is only $199..do you mean that i could get that gauge and JUST get the LM-1 sensor cable??..that would rock

Comment

You could get the LC-1 for $199, the gauge for $59, and the output cable for $8. Total price: $266.

I got that gauge with my LM-1 kit, but I haven't hooked it up yet. For now, I just glance over at the LM-1 unit to see what I'm running (god awful rich). ;)
              Matt

Comment

but in the ad it says "52mm, 8-18 AFR needle gauge driven by LM-1 analog output" ..so you're sure i COULD just use the LC-1 instead??

Comment

The analog output is the same either way. Notice the XD-1 gauge was made for the LM-1 also. LC-1 is the same as the LM-1, except there's no control box with it.

Here's the manual for the LC-1:
                  http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...Manual_1.1.pdf
                  Matt

Comment

oh ok..so the LM-1 basically just comes with a bunch of extra crap that isnt really required..i just need the O2, cable, and guage..too bad they're on backorder..thanks!

Comment

You need either the LM-1 or the LC-1.

The LM-1 is the standard one. It has a box that you can control the unit from, press a button to record, view the air/fuel ratio. A gauge or laptop is not required to view the current AFR.

The LC-1 is exactly the same as the LM-1, except the controls for the wideband are in the cable, not the control box. There's no buttons and no display. Because there's no display, you must either have a gauge or a laptop to view the AFR.

A wideband sensor by itself is useles...you've gotta have a controller such as the LM-1 or LC-1 to control it.
                      Matt

Comment

ahhh ok..what are the buttons it has though and what has to be "controlled"? ..would i have to get out of the car and push a button on the cable or something every time i wanted to view the current AFR?..or would it simply work like my current narrow band AFR gauge?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X