Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOT AFR and PE Add tables??

Lower the number the more rich.

You want to adjust the WOT AFR in the PE Enrichment Add vs RPM table.
    where is this table??..the only one i can find is PE Enrichment Add vs RPM vs Time..but the numbers arent like and AFR number..they are from like 0 to -2 ..the only thing i can see about my AFR is the stoich AFR..but i would like to look into adjusting my WOT AFR..also..is the PE Enrichment Add vs RPM vs Time table the one i would want to use to add a little more fuel to the second 1/2 of my run??..thanks!
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

also..in the PE Enrichment Add vs RPM vs Time..lets say it starts out at "0.00" and then says "-1.50" ..does that mean its adding fuel or taking fuel away??
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Lower the number the more rich.
      </font>[/QUOTE]Therefore you'd be adding fuel.

It doesn't use actual AFR numbers to control the fuel, because the narrow band wouldn't pick it up anyways. They're just scaling numbers to add/subtract fuel.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ok..so in PE Enrichment Add vs RPM vs Time goin from 0 to -1.5 is adding more fuel?..this has nothing to do with your stoich AFR?..my thought was that at WOT at certain rpm points it was subtracting that amount from the stoich AFR..therefore lowering the stoich AFR and adding fuel..so the stoich AFR and PE Enrichment Add vs RPM vs Time table have nothing to do with each other?

Comment

Take this with a grain of salt, because I don't know a hell of a lot about tuning at the moment, but....

Changing from 0 to -1.5 is adding fuel.

You're changing PE stuff. PE has nothing to do with stoich. When you give it a certain amount of throttle, it goes into Power Enrichment mode. Here it adds a given amount of fuel (to run richer) without checking the O2s to verify (since it's too rich to read accurately).

During cruise the engine will look for stoich....14.7:1. In PE mode, you should be lower....13:1 N/A, maybe 12:1 power adder.
          Matt
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ohhhh ok..looking at the table that makes perfect sense..so now i can slightly modify those numbers to get more fuel towards the end of the run where im running a little lean (even though my current injectors are only at 60% - 65% there..they're getting the sh*t beat out of them in the beginning)..and pull some timing and utilize those bigger injectors in the beginning where im getting KR..its gonna ROCK..i figure if i can get the o2s to read about 930 the whole run that should be a AFR of like 12 flat..next stop..WBO2..thanks man!

Comment

for some reason I dont think you are running lean towards the end of the run because if you notice you are not getting any new knock retard (it is falling at the end of the run) I dont know if you were still spraying much nitrous then tho looks more like you were runing na at the end of the run

i think those o2 are probably fine for when you are na but not good with a power adder

do you have any idea what you psi was before and after the run, your top end seems to fall off, a big lose in psi is a big lose in hp

Comment

im not sure..my o2s show that im running a little lean towards the end..but the injectors arent maxed out..they're only at like 16 - 17ms at about 4000 - 4200rpms..but its like the sensors are asking for less fuel during the second 1/2..the MAF signal drops and so does the IAT..so you're right my psi might be dropping off towards the end..but the 02s for the first 1/2 of the run are upper 800s to lower 900s..better than the second 1/2 of the run where they are lower 800s

do you think the o2s are reading incorrectly??

also..the beginning of the run is when the car REALLY feels fast..i can feel the power drop off slightly towards the second 1/2

[ May 25, 2005, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
                  do you think the o2s are reading incorrectly??
                  They're narrow band sensors. Don't even attempt to tune a car with narrow band sensors. You're richer than 14.7:1, so they are totally unreliable!
                  Matt

Comment

those little bastards lol..well i'll definitely have the fuel supply there so i highly doubt i'll be running lean..damnit i need a WBO2 ASAP!

Comment

what does your maf read at at 4200 rpms when you are not spraying at that same speed? is it close to 17lbs/min if so you either ran out of spray or something else

your o2s at the end are not bad if you are not spraying nitrous and since at that point your kr was going away which ment it was not running lean and causing detonation that more then likly you were not spraying much of any nitrous

with the tune you have you are not going to see higher o2's then what you are seeing you are not gonna see any 900's your car is only commanding a low 12 afr i only started seeing 900+ when i was lower 11 and 10's afr

Comment

im not sure..my car is at the shop cuz the injectors go in tomorrow..otherwise id check now

i think i figured it out though..ok..stay with me here!..haha..this is what my performance WOT shift vs RPM shift speeds look like..

1--&gt;2 5700
                        2--&gt;3 5500
                        3--&gt;4 1000

now i was looking over the logs..every time my MAF signal, injector ms, KR, and o2s drop is right at 10 seconds into the run..every time..then i was looking at my PE vs RPM vs Time table..it doesnt start lowering the AFR until 4000rpms or 17 seconds..now on the 1--&gt;2 and 2--&gt;3 shift sure im reaching 4000rpms..but its really fast down low..im only there for a very short time..so i can probably hardly notice it in the car or on the logs..but towards the end of the run..while im hangin there in 4th gear..gaining time and rpm..as soon as i reach 4000rpms it lowers the AFR .5 - .7 ..i believe at that point its dumping fuel in that i dont need and making me run rich..ESPECIALLY if my bottle psi is dropping and decreasing the shot size..i think this is why you see all those signals drop at this point..and i think i can take care of it by re-tuning the PE vs RPM vs Time for my nitrous application..any thoughts? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

make sure you have your air fuel ratio thats being commanded as a pid...makes it easy to see how/what is effecting your a/f...basically it comes down to your base+tps adder+rpm vs. time adder...so if your base is at 13.0 and your tps adder is at 0 and lets say the rpm vs. time adder is at -1.4 that would be like saying 13.0+0+(-1.4)=11.6:1 a/f commanded.
                          00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X