Fixing speedometer in automatics with HP Tuners - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing speedometer in automatics with HP Tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing speedometer in automatics with HP Tuners

i have a yellow box from www.blackrobotics.com that works to correct my speedometer since i switched to the 155mph indiglo gauge overlay a few years ago..but i was wondering if there was a way to do it with HP Tuners..so i got this from Chris at HP Tuners support..if its all good..then we could pretty much get any of the cool V8 overlays they have out (not as many for us V6ers)..

"Hi Scott,

There is no way i know of doing that on the v6's that i can see (i think it is a function of the cluster). You can try manually changing the VSS Pulses/Mile on the speedometer form, this will not affect transmission shifting but the scanner will report vehicle speed differently to your speedo."

..this comes up a lot in the tech section so i just thought id share..also looking for more input on whether or not this would mess anything else up (gear ratio, shift speeds, etc) ??
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Just watch the speed on HPTuners ;)

Comment

^ haha..that is one idea
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

well is it true, you can use a v8 speedo in the v6, but the only thing that will be off is the RPMs, but only visually off....since the RPM guage for a v8 needs 8 pulses, and you are only giving it 6. From what I heard, the v8 speedo will represent the correct MPH.
        Slick - US Military - overseas. <br />\'01 Pewter Firebird \'Vert<br />SLP CAI, MSD coils/cables, Whisper lid, Pacesetter Headers, Borla 3\", Catco 3\" cat, K&N filter, Intense Racing PCM, Lakewood LCAs,180 TBI--&gt; BMR PHR, ZT LSD, Motive 3.42s, FFF Turbo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X