dyno tuning a 96 3.8liter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyno tuning a 96 3.8liter

alright they dont make a dynotuning program for my 1996 camaro rs(3.8liter) but i have heard that i can get a 1997 camaro 3.8 liter pcm and get the software to do so from hptuners.com ...would i have to get the pcm re-vinned or anything?whats the deal?
    to all the ricers...the mountain dew bottle in my hand has more liters then ur car.<br />\"My baby is built with tools..not chopsticks\"

You can either get a 97 PCM with HP Tuners, or just get DHP PowrTuner and use your stock pcm. If you choose to go with HP Tuners, I don't believe there's anything special you have to do with the 97 PCM to make it work.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

hptuners is for 98 and above i believe

Comment

Nope, 97+
        94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

Originally posted by tWiStEdBird:
          Nope, 97+
          correct 97+
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Anyone got any info on how to do the HP Tuner?

What is it and so on..

I have a 96 3.8 M5 and just got a Exhaust, with a K&N CAI, but I got lots more comming so..

what do I need to do. do I tell them I need a 97 PCM and I can buy a tuned one from them or do I need to buy a 97 PCM? also how does DHP work out?

Comment

hello.

what do I need to do for the tune?

Comment

Do a search here, in General Tech, and in Advanced Tech. Then go to HP Tuners' website and read about it.
                Matt
                1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X