Codes thrown after Trutrac install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codes thrown after Trutrac install

Hey everyone, I haven't been on here to post in years. Now that I'm home full-time again though, I've been getting back to working on the Camaro. I installed a Trutrac today, and was hit with some dummy lights on the dash. I have the parking brake light on, but the parking brake is not engaged (it's also completely useless if it was since it's broken). I also have the ABS INOP light on. There's no light for this one, but if I hold in the clutch as I'm coasting to a stop, the speedo drops to zero. It pops right back once I let out the clutch, though. Did I trip a sensor when I pulled the axle shafts, brake components, or swapped out the bearings? Would a simple PCM reset fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Codes thrown after Trutrac install

The speed sensor is in the transmission, on the drivers side at the tailshaft, so thats a crazy problem with the speedo.

As for the brake stuff, I have the same issue on my Yukon with the lights for the ABS and the parking brake. Mine stems from the BPMV (brake pressure modulation valve, essentially ABS) so I would believe that you may have an ABS issue. Check all your connections at the wheel speed sensors.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Alright, thanks! I'll have to check it out.

Comment

I had the same thing with the lights when I installed the eaton in my 01. Put the reluctor ring back the differential. 10 mins later the computer relearned itself and all is well. My rear is a 4 channel with ABS and traction control (ASR)

Comment

Well, all the connections are good, so it must be the reluctor ring, as you called it. Does it look like a drive gear of some sort? If that's it, putting it back in isn't really an option. It's actually a solid piece machined into the open diff that was in there. My car has ABS but not traction control, and the ABS still seems to be functioning.

Comment

Originally posted by sjacobs85 View Post
            Well, all the connections are good, so it must be the reluctor ring, as you called it. Does it look like a drive gear of some sort? If that's it, putting it back in isn't really an option. It's actually a solid piece machined into the open diff that was in there. My car has ABS but not traction control, and the ABS still seems to be functioning.
            Ya its a ring with teeth on it. You can pop them off and put it on another one. Just be careful so you don't break it.
            I bought an extra one just in case when doing mine

Comment

Alright, thanks for the info on that. I'll have to go take another look at it.

Comment

yea the guy that help install it and I both thought it was on there permanently. We broke it while taking to off and I bought 2 (1 for a backup) and put it on. You can go to ls1tech.com and look for tips on installing the reluctor ring around the differential. Just take your time. I believe the ring only fits on there 1 way.

Comment

Alright, thanks! I'll get on that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X