2000 'bird V6 Tuning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 'bird V6 Tuning.

I had a question about tuning. I am new to the "GM" Tuning world. I've been working with a friend of mine who owns the Powr Tuner software. I recently bought a 2000 Firebird V6 5 speed car, with hopes of getting into this (GM) side of tuning. For starters, I just wanted to simply turn off a couple "unnecessary" parameters such as downstream O2 and such. Now Powr tuner is able to read the pcm and save the file. WE unfortunately are unable to open it. Instead we get an error message that states "File is not supported... OSID is 9384030"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In the near future i'll be building up an engine for a boosted application. Not sure if I'll be going SC or TC. Right now just weighing my options and pros/cons of each.

Re: 2000 'bird V6 Tuning.

Hptuners. Pretty much will do what you want, I don't think EFILive does these cars. Although I have seen people using tiny tuner on here but don't know anything about it. Just go through the old threads in this section, theres a ton of info.

Comment

Like said get hptuners.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So is PowrTuner that limited and useless? From what I read in the "sticky" the 2000 n/a Grand Prix potentially had the same PCM. So if my car was a grand prix I would be S.O.L as well? I have read through a lot of the old post before I asked the question.. suprisingly a lot of the answers are identical to the two I got above...
        Does anyone have anything significant to my specific problem to ad or is HPTuners the only solution?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Is PowrTuner the old one that went under long ago that claimed support for these cars? Which one was that?

I know there are some really old old posts that talk about different tuning software working on these, but I never studied them. I know it sucks to keep hearing HPT over and over, but if PowrTuner is the old one with no more tech support, even if it was supposed to work on these cars, I don't know how you will get around your error code.

You could try using TinyTuner to open the file that you can save, I know it reads multiple formats, maybe it would do the trick, but I am not familiar with it enough to know if it would for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dgreet77 View Post
            I know it sucks to keep hearing HPT over and over
            Hp tuners.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Expense scale + Quality Wideband sensor (you're tuning blind without one):

HPTuners or HPTuners Pro (has interface to plug in multiple sensor leads).

AEM LS1 pcm with mods to the reluctor ring and a little wizardry on the program. $500 or so used, $1000+ new + hack/repin the harness.

Custom PCM from Holley EFI, BigStuff3 or MoTeC. Starting $2K without wiring harnesses on up to $6K+.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X