p0171

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p0171

ok, so i just threw this code tonight, and i am not sure why because i literally have maybe 1000 miles on this engine since it was rebuilt.

any ideas of why it would be running lean??

The problem is on you fuel system if you are running lean. Not the engine. Maybe an injector?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: p0171

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
      The problem is on you fuel system if you are running lean. Not the engine. Maybe an injector?

Bad info.

Make sure there are no exhaust and vacuum leaks first.
      sigpic

Comment

i have diagnostic software, would that help me narrow down the problem? it has long and short fuel trims..i am not familiar with those other than it's the change in fuel flow or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by akcamaro02 View Post
          i have diagnostic software, would that help me narrow down the problem? it has long and short fuel trims..i am not familiar with those other than it's the change in fuel flow or something along those lines.
          I didn't know what that means ether. When I see lean code my first guess it not enough fuel is getting to that certain cylinder. There for. I look into the fuel system.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
            I didn't know what that means ether. When I see lean code my first guess it not enough fuel is getting to that certain cylinder. There for. I look into the fuel system.

You should not give others advice.

The code means the PCM is pulling fuel above a certain percent to keep the AFR at 14.7:1. Now go back and read my first post.
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry if I don't know what it ment man. I'm still learning. But thatnks for at least saying what it ment.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X