Dual Widebands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Widebands

I'm in the process of changing my exhaust setup and I'd like to get a more accurate tune on the motor so I'd like to run dual widebands, one in each header so that I can see the left and right side of the motor.

Questions:

1) Can I view 2 widebands at once in HPT? how?
    2) What would be the best way to take that data and look at them in the tables so that I can either adjust my MAF or my VE table? Can I create a custom table that takes the average of the two readings while also having the separate readings show up for me in 2 separate tables?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: Dual Widebands

You should be able to do custom PIDS on Hptuners so you can view them, I would contact Hptuners on how to do the PIDS.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

If you have the HPT MVPI Pro interface, you can connect two widebands but you need two wideband controllers.

For example, you'd have to have two Innovate LC-1s, one for each WB O2, and you'd connect one of the two aux. outputs from each LC-1 to one of the two MVPI inputs.

Then, you'd go into HPT, configure them as a user defined EIO and give them names like wideband right and wideband left.

In reality, dual widebands would be a waste of money and time UNLESS you're tuning a race-only engine right on the edge of mean best torque that's about the only time I'd think tuning left to right would make a difference. As for how that would apply to tuning, with HPTuners, since it tunes for an average of left and right, the data would be worthless, ie: when you go to program your base AFR vs ECT table, you're tunning both sides of the motor, whether you want to or not.

That said, it might be that you can tune the WOT fuel delivery on a per side basis if you were working from a bin file, but I'm not sure.
      Last edited by Hib Halverson; 04-22-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I'll be picking up an extra AEM with controller and gauge.

My thoughts are, the exhaust will likely now come back off each header and dump without going to a Y pipe...best case is I might have something like and H or X with a dump being immediatly after the X.

So in order to accuratly tune I'll have to see both sides of the motor. Not only that, we are able to skew cylinders with hp tuners, so if I see that the left side is running slightly richer/leaner than the right side, I can adjust.

I have the pro version of hp tuners, so if I connect a left and a right, can I create 3 custom tables?

2 tables would be just like the current table we all see with our wideband, a histogram of the readings from each wideband.

the 3rd table I would like to see the 2 above tables combined together and averaged.

Then what I will be able to do is take data from the 3rd table and apply it to my MAF table, while individually looking at table 1 and 2 to determine if I should be skewing the left/right side of the motor any

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X