PCM: ZZP or INTENSE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM: ZZP or INTENSE?

Just started saving up because Im wanting to get my bird tuned but not hptuners fine tuned. I just saw that intense is having a sale on their pcm but zzp seems more creditable for the extra cash. My friend has gone through zzp alot for his turbo gtp and stands by their products but he has no exp with their pcms since he had it fine tuned. I currently have k-n intake boltons with ramair freebies,no cat to straight through muffler,b&m street/strip shift kit,stock 3:08 gearing. Im just wanting a little more pep. I hung with a T/A for about 5 secs the other day and Im pushing for 7:rock:. Any advice and experience is appreciated.

Re: PCM: ZZP or INTENSE?

He must not have been racing, I would go PCM4less for the pcm.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Agreed. Both parts... but really not worth it.

Comment

Well he was trying to catch a C6 that was racing a mirage/evo ahead of us. And I had a 20mph head start. Why do you think its not worth it? 200ish on a pcm with all the options you want or 500+ on hptuners when Ill probably only use it for less than a month. I dont understand

Comment

What do you expect to gain? Maybe 10hp?

Comment

More about removing the speed govn and the fan on temps. 10 is more than nothing

Comment

Its good for what it is but your not going to get the most out of it without a wideband and doing it with hptuners, either tuning yourself or at a dyno.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                Its good for what it is but your not going to get the most out of it without a wideband and doing it with hptuners, either tuning yourself or at a dyno.
                Yeah I can understand that. And then again I dont have the $$ to get the most out of it yet. Just looking for the thrills without the bills.

Comment

You got to pay to play.

Comment

PCM4Less did mine, $150 and you tell them exactly what you want. Car runs fine, although I can't really tell much, if any, difference in power. 10 or so HP isn't much really. But like you, I was more interested in the speed & rev limiters. You can't beat the price. I can't tell if they actually removed the speed limiter or just bumped it to the next limit (not sure but I seem to recall the limiter has pre-set "stops") because the car seems to quit accelerating at 142-144, even though the revs are only in the 4400-4500 range. That may just be the car's limit though.

Comment

just save up for the hptuners I think you'll have more fun tuning your own car than having some one else do it. just my 2 cents...

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                        You got to pay to play.
                        Could not have said it better myself...
                        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Anybody know what is stock ign advance?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X