anybody using a 2/3bar map with hp tuners? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody using a 2/3bar map with hp tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody using a 2/3bar map with hp tuners?

is it possible to use a 2/3 bar map without switching to a grand prix OS?

Re: anybody using a 2/3bar map with hp tuners?

Another question. Is there a Maf we can use To relocate it. Without having to scale anything? And does anybody know if an lt1 Maf will work(with scaling)?

Comment

I would post it on HPtuners website.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I posted there also. There's just not a lot of feedback in the v6 section

Comment

I would start checking old posts , there around here somewhere.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Im running 10PSI on my 97PCM and havnt done the 2/3BAR upgrade. Im not on speed density though so it doesnt really matter. My fueling is fine so as long as it is sensing the airflow, its fine.

I was going to mention that the stock MAF is big enough, buick GN's only have a 58MM and they go 10s no problem. Im not sure how large a NA 3800 one is but my L67 is like 67 I think and I have no intention on upgrading.

The HPT v6 section is lame. For every 1 post there theres 250 on the LS sections

Comment

if memory serves me right I thought you can use a 2/3 bar upgrade, but you loose resolution making it far less accurate.

I can't see why you would have to switch to a grand prix os? it shouldnt make a difference, I believe ours is one and the same minus the transmission stuff.

I remember I had an old grand prix pcm that an un-named shop tried to tune for my car, but didnt do a write entire like they should have and instead just tried to flash it. The tune and everything was fine and was the same (was copied from my pcmforless tune) but the speedo/trans tables weren't talking

Lastly, I believe it is the LS1 Mafs that we can use, not LT1

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Any MAF is going to need to be tuned. Including your stock one if the engine is not bone stock.
                sigpic

Comment

ur50slo, used an lt1 maf. i've been speaking with him. i do realize any maf would need to be tuned. i just don't know if there is any more to it than tuning it like a stock one. i'm somewhat experienced with hp tuners.
                  from what i hear you can use any maf. but the lt1 maf has the same pigtail. the main reason i want to switch maf's is just so that i can relocate it. (also i have one laying around). i would like to be able to spray my methanol a little further back, instead of directly into the throttle body. if it could allow me to "view" more boost that'd be great too.
                  he couldn't remember off hand if he had to copy a lt1 maf table or not(and tune from their of course). so i'm looking into that.
                  everything i've read about using a 2/3 bar map on our cars has pretty much said that you'd have to copy a SC l67 tune. and do a write entire. but you would also have to license that vin or something... just sounds like a PITA. pretty sure its just a lack of support from hp tuners not a hardcoded computer thing.

Comment

What ever MAF you use would be tuned just like tuning the stock one. If you used the stock table for the MAF your using it should be closer than starting with the stock V6 table. My 98 car uses a 99 up V6 MAF.
                    sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      4 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X