egr simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egr simulator

I know this has been discussed many times, but where do I get one? I couldnt find any on zzp, intense, caspers, or 3800 performance. I don't have access to hpt either.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: egr simulator

http://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-clas...fast-toys.html

posted today on LS1tech..
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Those are o2 sims, I need an egr sim. Ill look on fast toys website though.
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Mail order tune with it tuned out.

Comment

my fault... i wasnt thinking this morning.. lol
          aka FreedStyle
          Chaddrich Freed

Comment

what year is your car? why are you wanting to delete it? i'm asking because. i have hptuners and can those things for you. and because even though i did delete it in my camaro mostly for asthetics and tuning reasons. if it is working properly it helps your gas mileage.

Comment

My car is a 97. I deleted the egr when I put my long tubes on. The car has an intermittant studder after its warm so I took it to the shop for them to see what it was. I have a feeling it is my o2 sensors in the headers but I don't have a scanner anymore and i dont want to throw money at it blindly. They said I need to hook my egr and my pre/post cat o2s back up for them to be able to properly diagnose the problem. The pre/post cat o2s aren't hooked up because I need a y pipe made to connect to my rumbler exhaust.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

I'm assuming you have a set of the FFF longtubes also? I left the egr on my car when I bought mine, it's actually taped off right now and just sitting there if I remember correctly. It hasn't given me any problems.

Now the o2 sensors...I cut and spliced my wires to make them long enough, and I don't know if it's because of that or because of the headers, but I get a lean code every so often.
                aka FreedStyle
                Chaddrich Freed

Comment

i can't say this for sure. because it hasn't happened to me. but the lean code is most likely from the egr not being installed. but the computer still trying to use it. what i mean is. whenever the egr valve opens it recirculates "spent" exhaust gas that is not combustible, back into the combustion chamber. this used up exhaust is mixed with new air. the computer is setup to spray less fuel into the cylinder to be more efficient. if the egr isn't there. its still spraying less gas. bam, lean code.

Comment

The problem was there before I deleted the egr. The egr was good too. I know its not the egr making the car do what its doing, but I want to get the code out that way they can find out exactly what is making my car studder.
                    1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X