Hp tuners logging questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hp tuners logging questions

How accurate is the timeframes in Hp tuners? I.e if you make a run at the track and take the exact timeframe snapshot of when you took off, and the exact moment when you crossed the 1/4 mile line, would it basically reflect your timeslip?

I looked at my old log from my 13.8 run and it seems to be accurate within about .1 seconds?

The whole reason I ask, and I know this is all speculation, but I was looking at my log from some tuning I did tonight and I did a pull from 35mph to 93mph trying to fine tune the PE a bit more with my tune. I compared this with my 13.8 track run. I looked at how long it took me to go from 35-93mph tonight, and how long it took me to go from 35-93mph at the track for the 13.8 run.

I seem to be about 1.89 seconds faster tonight. Am I possibly prepping for an 11.xx second pass in a few weeks? Or do these numbers mean nothing?

I mean, I know it's speculation, but if these numbers are reasonably accurate....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: Hp tuners logging questions

Its accurate, how many PIDS are you logging?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Not sure because my laptop is not with my...but I think I am almost running the max if memory serves me right.

I mean my 13.8 run the trap seemed low at 93mph rather than 97mph so, I know it's off a tad I suppose.

Comment

hptuners is accurate, assuming an 11sec run with it, not accurate. lol
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Not assuming...just...thinking :P

Comment

I'm gonna guess that using VCM scanner to time the car in the quarter is not going to be real accurate because my understanding is the "size" of each frame can differ depending on how much data is scanned.

But, why not get on HPT's forum and ask the question. There's a V6 tuning section there and a fair amount of helpful folks. Here's the URL for the V6 board.
            http://www.hptuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              4 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X