PCM sent for tune (pcmforless)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM sent for tune (pcmforless)

I know you guys are all HP guys and shouldn't bother with pcmforless...but i don't have that option or a dyno in my little town so i ordered a mail-in tune with pcmforless tonight.
    I'll send off my pcm in the morning and let you know how things go when i get it back.

Re: PCM sent for tune (pcmforless)

I hope you didn't have them delete your o2's. Good luck on the tuned PCM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Im interested in seeing how you like the results. I was thinkng about this but I just gave up on it.

Comment

Sorry to hijack your post here for a moment.

I was wondering DO you need a dyno when doing HPtuner? I think you can do that on the street right by doing a couple of accelarations?

Also, in Calif. I'm not allowed to change the settings of my PCM. With HP can I reset it back to stock settings?

I looked at PCMforless too, but I think I'm better of with HP.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          Sorry to hijack your post here for a moment.

I was wondering DO you need a dyno when doing HPtuner? I think you can do that on the street right by doing a couple of accelarations?

Also, in Calif. I'm not allowed to change the settings of my PCM. With HP can I reset it back to stock settings?

I looked at PCMforless too, but I think I'm better of with HP.
          As long as you have a Wideband O2 in your car your fine tunning with HPtuners.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Alex actually got my car a decent tune without a wideband.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              As long as you have a Wideband O2 in your car your fine tunning with HPtuners.
              What's a good wideband O2? How will this help me pass emission testing?

Thanks Steve.

Comment

PLX is good, don't know about emissions.

Comment

Good luck, mine got sent there twice car wouldnt run right or at all ether time. Finally they gave me a refund and its now been tuned with hpt's.

Comment

what's a wideband o2?

Comment

Originally posted by pathology knight View Post
                      what's a wideband o2?
                      Its a 5 wire O2 that reads the correct Air/fuel usually around $200-$300, for the O2 and display unit.

Comment

oh.
                        yeah....i don't have that.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          4 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X