SLP Air Temp Module consitency question - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLP Air Temp Module consitency question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Air Temp Module consitency question

I have a qustion about this module. I understand that it tricks the computer into thinking the intake air is colder than it is and in turn it advances the timing. My question is does the sensor always tell the car the air is the same temp no matter what the outside air actually is or does it tell it the temp is X amount lower? The reason I ask is I plan to bracket race the car I just bought and if the chip alwasy tell the car the air is the same temp it seems to be that it would be more consistent than if the air varied. I don't actually care if it will speed up the car only if it would make it more consistent. Has anyone actually monitored and verified this? I also understand that the same can be done with resistors.

Re: SLP Air Temp Module consitency question

It wont make it any more consistent than it may already be. It just tells the PCM that it's X degrees cooler out than it is. Dont waste your money on the module it will do nothing for you.
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Thanks that is what i was looking for. I thought it would be more consistent if it told it that it was always 50 degress or what ever but it is going to still see varying temps I won't worry abou it.

Comment

The problem there is that if it did do that it would actually make it more inconsistent. It would be kike running speed density on the same tune year round.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I tried the module when they first came out, nothing but junk, save your money for something else.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X