O2 sensors and Lean codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sensors and Lean codes

i posted a little diddy in the general section, but i guess i should formally ask the question here....

I've been getting a lot of LEAN codes, P0171 & P0174 on my car. I cleared them and cleaned the MAF sensor. Just now, i got just the 174 code, so i cleared it again.

I don't think my sensors are that old, but maybe they need replaced? i found the sensor behind the car, but not the one in front of it. I thought there was one right in front of it, but maybe i'm wrong??? Are all the o2 sensor's the same? Is there a specific one i need for the one behind the cat?

Here's what i've done (as far as mods) to the air intake/exhaust:
    *Ram air hood
    *WS6 lower air box
    *stock (shaved) lid
    *K&N filter
    *3" pipe directly to TB (removed stock baffles)
    *free ram air mod (side note: this gets the filter really dirty. I recovered the open space a little, and that seems to keep some of the road grime off the filter. I've got the SLP intake coming in the mail.)
    *Pacesetter headers
    *magnaflow hi-flow cat
    *2.5" exhaust
    *magnaflow muffler

also, spark plugs have 2-3k miles on them and the MSD wires are a couple years old. I also just cleaned the MAF sensor for the first time.

Re: O2 sensors and Lean codes

after some quick checking (i know...i know, i should have done this first), i found that the sensors upstream and downstream are different.

if i need to replace the downstrem sensor (after the cat) any recommendations on which one? there's seems to be a variety of options.

Comment

Anything other than Bosch. Denso seems to work fine.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

after the cat won't give you lean or rich codes.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Anything other than Bosch. Denso seems to work fine.
          Really? I thought Bosch made really good O2 sensors. What problems did you have with them. I would like to know so I can inform others. Also I will e needing new ones soon. 113,000miles with originals.

Comment

They take a crap faster and seem to read wrong , these were my problems with them. But their Bosch wideband sensors seem fine.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X