P0101 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0101 Issues

Here's the deal: Lately when really giving the car throttle, it'll seem to have problems as it's approaching it's shift point. The car will start to really jolt and judder. The same feeling when it bounce it off the rev limiter, though my transmission is an auto. It almost feels like it's struggling to stay in gear and shift in time. It didn't throw a code for quite a while, though I finally got one today. Got the code pulled at an oil place, gave me p0101, which is a MAF sensor code. Would a dirty MAF cause these sort of problems? It's really "feels" like a transmission problem, is it possible the transmission could cause the PCM to think the engine is struggling by all the jolting?

Re: P0101 Issues

Ive been told that a good maf cleaning should clear that up, or your gonna be running with it unplugged like me.

Comment

Unplugging it seems idiotic...
      Clean it, test it, if it fails get a new one..

Comment

Gave it a good cleaning and the symptoms seem mildly better, but Check Engine popped back on. Any way I can test the sensor to be certain it's the problem? I'm broke as a joke and the sensors are pricy. I've heard something about whacking it with a screwdriver with the car running, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Comment

Pricey is an understatement. RockAuto.com has the cheapest at like $116 but thats just the sensor not S&H.
          Originally posted by Docta View Post
          Unplugging it seems idiotic...
          Clean it, test it, if it fails get a new one..
          Idiotic yes :twak:, but when your car dies when you plug in the sensor and thats the only transportation, you do what you can. ANNNNDD only 10mpg but that comes with the package.

Comment

Well, new MAF, no more codes, but still issues. I was closer than I thought, for some reason the car is keeping the rev limiter at 4k with the car in drive. Just absolutely refuses to spin past 4k, and the scan tool is showing the ECU cycling back and forth between open and closed loop for no discernible reason. I have it in a friend's shop at the moment to help diagnose why, but he's turned up nothing so far. Any ideas to throw his way?

Comment

Maybe IAC.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X