Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charcoal Canister

Hey guys,
    My car is throwing code P0440 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System. There is a smell of fuel vapor coming from the rear of the car after long drives. The smell isn't coming from the exhaust. I put a new gas cap on it after searching this forum but it didn't fix it. I put the car in the air and inspected all the lines and cannot see any obvious leaks. I also opened my fuel pump trap door and inspected the lines at the pump - all look good. I can smell fuel vapor through the trap door when its running. Have any of you guys had experience with this? Could it be the charcoal canister? If so, how do those go bad?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Charcoal Canister

Update - It was the Evap Purge Solenoid (on the intake manifold.) The solenoid was stuck closed so fuel vapor was building up in the charcoal canister and coming out the vent solenoid (on the tank.) I cleaned the purge solenoid out real well with some carb cleaner and then put a few drops of oil in it. Works like a champ now. No more SES light and fuel smell is gone.

Comment

That is actually good to know in case it happens to any of us. Thanks for the follow up.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

thanx for the info

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X