P1641 ses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1641 ses

What the heck is this code? Just randomly came on today. I read it's a mil or ses control circuit. I reset it but only drove like 4 miles so I'm just waiting to see if it comes back.

TEAM C6V6

Re: P1641 ses

DTC P1641 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, read that. What the heck is wrong?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I got that exact code today. I couldnt get the code scanner to turn on, turns out the fuse that went to the port was bad, so i just pulled one out of something else and put it in to make it work. Well the fuse I pulled out was the one for the guage panel, and I got that code. Once I finally got my cheap self inside and bought a fuse I cleared it and went away.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

So it's just a fuse? Inside the door or under the hood?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

One inside the door. That fixed it for me.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I'll check it out, thanks.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Ok, checked my fuses.. I believe they're good. I am however missing a couple that I'm curious about. On the door fuse panel I'm missing both of the stg whl cntrl fuses, I would assume they're there if I had radio controls in my steering wheel which I do not. Are they for anything else? My 2002 doesn't either but has those fuses installed. And my 2nd question, what's the IP Dimmer?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Ip dimmer is instrument panel dimmer. If you dont have a fuse in there i would put one in.
                  Team NoVa

Comment

I have the IP dimmer fuse installed, but it wouldn't illuminate my test light.. I suppose it doesn't work unless I turn my lights on. The fuses I'm missing are the 1amp stg whl cntrl fuses. All of the other ones check out with my test light.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

yeah, the dimmer doesnt work unless the lights are on to be dimmed. I dont think I have the steering wheel control fuse either. Has the code reset yet?
                      Team NoVa

Comment

I reset it once and it came back on. I dunno, I'm gonna scan it again when I get home. I had EGR codes reporting but they were set to not illuminate the SES so I set the to not even report at all. I'm assuming the only thing I'll get this time is the 1641. I'm gonna google around some more to see if I can find any other causes.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I'm seeing crazy stuff everywhere... p1641-fan relay.. p1641-fuel pump primary circuit.
                          If it is my fuel pump circuit I installed a redundant harness so.. Eh, we'll see about that. But, now that I think about when my light came on.. About 10 minutes after driving, just getting into the car wash might be right about when my fan should have clicked on. So I'm gonna trade some relays around in my cars for ****s and giggles.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X