trouble code p0020 meaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble code p0020 meaning?

i am having trouble finding what this code means and what i have to do to fix the problem. the code is p0020 and as far as i can find is cam shaft position sensor. i do not know what this means or what part i need to replace. i need to do this before my next autox event so please respond.

Re: trouble code p0020 meaning?

If its the cam sensor its pretty easy to change, I would reset it first and see if it comes back.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i did reset it on friday and it came back last night. where is the cam sensor located? 2000 3.8

Comment

Originally posted by madforce10 View Post
        i did reset it on friday and it came back last night. where is the cam sensor located? 2000 3.8
        Front of the engine across from the oil pressure sensor or around there , it like 2 bolts and it comes out and just the reverse for install, like 5min. install process.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ok thank you. im going to scan the code again tommorrow night to see why my light is on. and if it is the same code ill go ahead and change it out.

Comment

i scanned and the code poped up again. so im off to get some parts and gonna fix it tonight.

Comment

Its a easy fix.

Comment

ok so i went to a dealership to see if they could verify the code and they said that code is not a factory code. so im going to wait until it comes on again and have my friend use his normal code scaner scan the code. pep boys said my catalitic converter is going out, first time i had it checked. so im just going to seafoam my car and if the code comes on again ill scan it with a different scanner. i got this code from the hypertech scanner from tuning my car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X