P0133 / p0153

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0133 / p0153

Just got these codes today. SES came on out of nowere for no apparent reason. I believe they're O2 sensor codes but they BOTH appeared at the same time.

My O2 sensors are only 6 months old but I am running an O2 simulator post cat due to a high flow unit being installed...

Any idea as to whats causing this and how I can resolve it?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: P0133 / p0153

There's a list of dtc's in the pcm and sensors area.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

DTC P0133 HO2S slow response bank 1 sensor 1. DTC P0153 HO2S slow response bank 2 sensor 1. Not sure what they mean but that's what they are.
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

It would seem that the O2's are not heating up fast enough for the PCM's liking.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
          It would seem that the O2's are not heating up fast enough for the PCM's liking.
          They're Bosch O2's from Autozone, would they really be faulty - BOTH of them - to go bad this early? (6 months and 10k miles)

I have also noticed my car is taking alot longer to warm up in general - but its cold here in Seattle. However when it does warm up the heat is only luke warm and the fans have to run to keep the engine cool - I was assuming because low coolant (my engine is slowly eating it) - I didnt think coolant would have any direct effect on exhaust temperatures though...

...I just put 2+2 together ... could this be happening because a intake gasket leak ingesting coolant and the residue collecting in the exhaust and clogging my O2 sensors destroying their efficiency?

Comment

I would say it would affect your O2's , burning coolant. Plus Bosch O2's are garbage in general.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Sim the rear...

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                Sim the rear...
                already done

Comment

Guess I should have read lol.

Comment

Yeah, I dont know what the problem is to be completely honest. I have a mystery coolant leak of which leaves no reek in the engine compartment whatsoever, no visable leaks so Im assuming it is the intake gasket. Plus yesterday it took 5 attempts to crank the car but its been fine ever since.

Why would TWO O2 sensors go out at the same time?
                    Are they really bad or is there any other way I can get my O2's working again?
                    Is this the work of my O2 Simulator?

It's not severely urgent I've already passed emissions and I'm going to do my motor swap soon...its just I really hate that annoying SES light plus I have a feeling my fuel economy is going to be wrecked.

And...I stripped another headlight gear >.< - this one was plastic though, still it only lasted about 2 weeks.
                    Last edited by Need4Camaro; 12-16-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X