What is wrong with my bcm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with my bcm?

I re-soldered the pins on it I wanna say 2 years ago, then it started acting up about a month ago. I re-soldered it again and it looks better than the last time I did it, and its acting up again already. Do I just need to buy a new one?
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: What is wrong with my bcm?

Yes! Same thing happened to me.Don't wait till it leaves you sit like an asshat in the middle of the road.

Comment

are you soldering correctly? or are you getting a bunch of cold joints that just look pretty?

cold joints just lead to problems so its possible that maybe you arent doing it correctly?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

That could be the case, I've never soldered anything other than my bcm before.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

try putting the gun on the solder point and holding it there until the existing solder melts, add some solder but don't let it touch the gun, let it melt on its own when it gets hot enough touching the point desired, just keep the gun touched to that desired point, never touch the solder itself or you will get a cold joint.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah I tried to just re heat the points and that wasn't really working out. So I touched the solder to the iron and it'd melt off into a ball then id melt that ball onto the pin
            1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X