turbo tune help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo tune help

hey guys please check out my hptuners turbo tune. finally got her put together this weekend, now the real work starts please help!
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...079#post272079

Re: turbo tune help

I can't check the tune here at work but have you set up a AFR error% histogram?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Looks good , just drive and watch your A/F, then add fuek when needed, Your timing is low enough to not have KR.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yeah i have afrerror histogram. its actually lambda error%

i'm definitely getting knock so do u think i need to add more fuel... PE it set to 11.5 but with "up to 10% ethanol in my gas" i believe that would end up being 11.9ish in reality???

i'm not sure the pe is kickin in when its supposed to. or atleast the afr doesn't seem to lock on. i just switched to 91 octane so i'm gonna fill it up again and hopefully that'll help also.

side note:
        check this out if, when i had the stoich set to 14.4 and my commande pe as 11.5 it would command 12.5...

Comment

If your at 12.5 you need to add fuel to get it down to close to 11.5 to be safe.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i left my stoich set at 14.7 and it commanded correctly, i just dropped it to 11.0 and now i have much less KR.
            i'm trying to figure out if changing the stoich is going to effect anythig.
            man. i did make a pull with it and it felt amaaaaaazing..... then the coupler on the throttle body popped off.

Comment

You don't want to mess with stoich, that can stay where it's at.

What I did for knock was take timing away from those cells with KR then smooth the graph. When you get your fuel in an idea area work on your timing.

What # injectors do you have?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

the reason i changed stoich is because of the ethanol in the gas here. but i don't think the actual number of stoich is going to effect anything on our platform.

my plan right now is i guess too retard timing where i need to be safe..... and then do a wot maf tune? does that sound right? then up timing..... should i retard timing at 11.5 afr or at 11.0 ?

Comment

Sounds good. Retard timing to where any real throttle is going to be applied then keep adding to it till you see knock, then back it off like 2*

TEAM C6V6

Comment

if i set timing to say 8* and do a wot maf tune... the timing shouldn't effect the maf tune at all right?
                    should i aim for a lower afr because of the ethanol in the gas... i can see how the stoich wouldn't matter because the narrowbands take care of that stuff to actual "stoich". i think 11.0 might need to be where im at... it definitely ran much better. but i'm not sure if that was my maf tune not being dead on or what. it did seem to get to the commanded afr. but did not lock onto it... should it?

Comment

I don't believe your timing should effect the maf tune.

Yeah, by all means start at 11. That's definitely a safe zone to begin with. You can increase timing or reduce your fueling from there until you see knock to get the most reliable power. Any time you see knock from any change you've made take a step or two back in the other direction and make sure it's gone.

It's probably a good idea to play with one or the other seperately so you can see and understand what the changes you're making to your tune actually do. Keep an eye on those knock sensors and you should be pretty good.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

got it to run better yesterday.. feels orgasmic.... i'm not getting any knock if i do a pull from 1st through 3rd if i stay on it. but if im in low rpms with a higher load i'm getting knock... (i guess thats normal, and i should just change the way i drive but i dont like it)
                        i had acceleration enrichment turned off.... (i believe it was just for PE tuning purposes but i can't recall) so i'm going to try turning that back on and see how it goes
                        Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 10-19-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

lol, nothing better than being able to actually feel a large difference in a mod you've done. My AFR is all jacked cause of exhaust leaks but it runs strong and I still get excited when I start getting into boost after DD'n it for a few years.

I know I can get more power out of mine still too but I'm afraid to lean it up without having an accurate reading. Just keep an eye on your AFR's and any knock and you'll have a fun car for a long time.

You shouldn't be getting any knock at any rpm range btw. Could be false knock but don't assume it is. Keep working with it. The more experience you have with the software the better.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

yes its very rewarding! i actually googled high load/medium load, low rpm knock and it appears that its normal. just because the car shouldn't be driven like that.. lugging the motor basically... when my coupler came off last night and i wasn't boosted, i still had that same knock. i can try pulling timing and it won't hurt to try. but i think that knock is inevitable. but if anybody knows differently let me know... right now... i'm not doing really good with no\low knock retard on most acceleration... just gotta get the maf smoothed out i think... cuz its not pulling smoothly.... and i drove it this morning to work @35*f and it didn't wanna stay running. it woud run ok. but day when i let off the gas.... not sure what to do on that... another issue i have is my actualy coldstar seems fine... afr runs around .80 lambda. but sometimes when i start it warm... it runs super lean.... not sure why...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X